Product Support Specialist - MatChar - Emerging Markets
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Milan, Lombardy
The Product Support Specialist is primarily responsible for supporting the growth and profitability of PerkinElmer’s Materials Characterization (MatChar) portfolio within the Emerging territories.
The full territory extends across Middle East and South Africa. Candidates should be preferred based in Lombardy near to an international airport. 20-30% of your time will be spent at head office in Milan.
- Work with the existing Product Support Specialists and Sale Representatives to improve sales execution and maximization of prospect conversion rates; ensuring customer needs are well qualified, presenting & demonstrating PerkinElmer solutions, effective competitive positioning of our benefits and price, and ultimately improving our win rate within the available market to grow our share position.
- Assist the full sales team in the development of targeted account strategies to deliver annual business & share growth targets for our key accounts
- Develop high level relationships with the key influencers and opinion leaders across growth markets for the MatChar product line.
- Work with R&D, the Business Unit, Market development resources, Sales Development managers, field sales, service teams and customers to develop new application support data and sales support tools for the sales team. Sales support tools include the development of sales stories, playbooks, competitive counter attack plans and competitive positioning, sales presentation material and compelling proof data.
- Actively input to the business forecasting and target setting process.
- Provide best in class technical support to the sales team and our users; including instrument demonstrations, sample running, technical guidance on quoting and troubleshooting. Act as a technical consultant to our customer quoting process to ensure the suggested configurations meet customer needs and all commitments made fall with in the performance specifications of the instrument.
- Work with the Material Characterization Specialists to generate a strong customer referral base and utilise effectively as needed.
- Work with the Material Characterization Specialists to provide technical and competitor training programmes for the sales team to fill current skills gaps.
- Manage inventory of demonstration equipment such that it provides a good ROI for PKI.
- Manage, recommend and drive forward resolutions to customer complaints of an MatChar technical nature often working with the service team to identify the root causes.
- Contribute to the Plan and execute effective market warm-up and launch activities for new MatChar products.
- Maintain domain knowledge and expertise in relevant markets
- Monitors market trends and competitive activity and how this relates to our market and competitive position; always able to effectively communicate PerkinElmer competitive benefits and company directions whilst recommending appropriate strategies and actions internally to pre-empt or respond
- Comprehends target market and changing customer needs and wants; conducts market research necessary to make effective profitable decisions and provides feedback to the Business Unit for future development strategies.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in MatChar (IR and/or Thermal analysis) technology and applications
- A good relationship builder, developing both internal and external networks, with an aptitude and desire to maximize PerkinElmer business at all interactions.
- Strong technical background, both running the systems and understanding the key applications
- Strong Analytical Sciences domain knowledge and market understanding
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to perform in a complex matrix organizational structure being able to effectively influence across functional boundaries
- Self-driven and flexible; able to meet deadlines and deal with multiple and changing priorities
- Customer-orientated but with a clear priority for profit
- Strong desire to participate in growth and success of PKI
- High energy and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Extremely results-driven with excellent organizational skills, ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work to stretch goals
- Candidates will need fluent Italian and English. French in addition would be an advantage.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams