Customer Support Engineer-Memphis, TNApply Now
- Memphis, TN
Installation, Maintenance, Repair and Applications Support.
Installation and performance verification of new equipment at customer sites. Maintenance and repair of all existing contract and warrantied equipment in the field within an established time frame while ensuring a best-in-class service experience. Provide on time scheduled preventative maintenance for our contract customers and verify all specifications are met and documented. Provide quotations for non-contract customers that are billed at an hourly rate. Troubleshoot and support application specific protocols.
Business Development. Drive the sale of new service agreements, service appropriate support teams for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information. Actively seeks agreement upgrades and instrument additions to existing contracts. Contribute to account profitability by encouraging customers to purchase training, application support, software upgrades, laboratory services products and computer hardware upgrades. Identify billable service opportunities for PM’s, repairs, parts orders, support orders, install orders, equipment relocations and validation services. Assist and support local sales representative to secure new instrument orders and identify sales leads.
Information/Asset Management. Maintain all necessary documentation, inventory and service support functions of the job. Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system. Accountability for assigned company assets: company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory and etc.
Continuous Skill Development. Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer. Maintain certification critieria associated with the CSE position. Strive to improve skill set and attain higher level certifications through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- ·Certification of company training on equipment for at least one major discipline (dependent upon geographic needs this may require – multiple major disciplines).
- 2+ years of experience in applications or technical support
- Valid Driver's License
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Electronics or related discipline plus minimum work experience listed below.
- Advanced technical knowledge in all product lines supported.
- Comprehensive expertise in applications knowledge for all product lines supported.
- Comprehensive expertise in all software platforms of associated supported equipment.
- Expertise with use of all relevant test equipment.
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will regularly required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- There may be frequent travel long distances and occasionally travel overnight.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
- The ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals
- Work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, and biologic hazards using universal precautions.
- The ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, peers, managers and other technical support professionals.
- The ability and willingness to travel as required. Typically, ranging from 30-70% travel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams