Jr. Marketing Specialist
ResponsibilitiesLocation Martinsried, DE Job ID JR-028151
SIRION BIOTECH GmbH is Europe's largest developer and manufacturer of viral vector
technologies for novel therapies of the research-based pharmaceutical and biotech industry. The
company was founded in 2006 and is located in the Biotechnology Innovation and Start-up Center in
Martinsried near Munich, Germany. By January 2022 the company will move to premises three times
as large in neighbouring Gräfelfing.
Since September 2021, SIRION is part of PerkinElmer. PerkinElmer is an international leader in the
field of medicine and biotechnology. Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, the company
employs more than 14,000 people worldwide and offers extensive expertise in diagnostics, medical
research and environmental and food analysis through innovative detection, imaging and informatics
systems. PerkinElmer, Inc. is included in the S&P 500 stock market index.
SIRION Biotech employs about 50 members of staff, the majority of whom are located in Martinsried
near Munich, Germany; a total of 17 nationalities to better serve international customers. The
company has offices and colleagues in Boston and Paris and long-standing agents in Tokyo, Seoul,
Shanghai and Tel Aviv.
The company is currently recruiting for the Munich-branch an: On-Line Marketing Manager, (15-20 hours per week).
Are you looking to combine your scientific knowledge and your internet and marketing know-how in
your job? If so, this is a great opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing company in Munich
as part of an international team. The position is currently offered as part-time, but can progress to
full time with opportunities for further advancement.
You will report to the Head of Marketing, and should be a self-starter keen to take initiative, suggest
improvements where needed, and bring new ideas to the table.
This position is office-based in Munich, with the opportunity to work mostly remotely after initial
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage SIRION social media channels (create content, coordinate postings, analyse results)
- Manage Google and Bing advertising
- Manage SEO for Sirion-biotech.com, create new content to enhance SEO
- Manage updates to the website at Sirion-biotech.com
- Support marketing programs and activities as needed
- Monitor media and evaluate new on-line opportunities
- Desired Qualifications:
- Degree in Life/Biological Science, preferably with knowledge of viral vectors
- Experience in online marketing, social media management, engagement analytics
- Experience in SEO
- Experience in scientific communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; some graphics/design experience would be desirable
- Proficient written and spoken English, ideally native speaker.
What we offer:
- A very dynamic, friendly, and nurturing environment as part of an international team. We
- believe collaboration and idea sharing are the building blocks to ensure success and drive
- The opportunity to work in a growing German Biotech company with a strong global customer
- base that supports gene and cell therapy developers through innovative solutions
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus
- A flexible and open work structure based on trust and responsibility
- Possibility for further career support and personal skills development
We value the diversity of our people and welcome applications from everyone interested to combine
science with marketing and communication.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”