Senior Bioinformatics Testing Engineer - Remote
Madrid, Spain | Granada, Spain | Tres Cantos, Spain
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Madrid, Spain, Granada, Spain, Tres Cantos, Spain Status Regular Job ID JR-020656
PerkinElmer is looking for a talented SeniorBioinformatics Testing Engineer
PerkinElmer Inc. is a global leader in chemistry and medical technology. With our broad range of products and services, we are actively engaged in improving the health and quality of life of people around the world.
Our Informatics R&D center in Granadais a PerkinElmer Informatics core sitein Visual Analytics, Data Science and Bioinformatics. We create software and solutions to help scientists make the next breakthrough discovery for a healthier world.
This role can be based at our offices in Armilla (Granada), Tres Cantos (Madrid) or home based.
We would consider applicants currently in the lab taking their first step from academia or research into industry. Full training will be provided.
- Become a user expert on how our products work, gaining an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses; and championing customer issues in order to ensure they have a positive experience
- Assist in designing test plans, write, execute test cases for functional and/ or performance testing within the domain assigned
- Work as a member of the scrum team including planning, estimating, and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria
- Effectively communicate status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis
- Understanding and complying of/ to Informatics practices
- Assist in creating test summary reports of high quality, written language and content
- Create, execute, integrated automated test cases in conjunction with manual testers and manual test cases
- Bioinformatics, Computer Science and / or Science-based Master’s degree
- 3+ years experience in data analysis, statistics, bioinformatics or other type of scientific data driven projects
- Experience in transforming manual test cases into automated test cases, as well as automation tools such as Selenium, Serenity and/or JBehave is a plus
- Java or .Net development experience
- Knowledge in statistics, R or Python
- English (advanced, both written and spoken)
- Knowledge on High Content Screening and/or Surface Plasmon Resonance technologies is a plus
- Experience in test documentation, defect analysis, tracking and reporting, and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach
- Knowledge in test case management and bug tracking systems such as Jira, Zephyr
- Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance life cycle, methodologies and best practices
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
Other key competences:
- Passion for quality
- Ability to respectfully speak up on quality matters
- Strong emphasis on good UI design with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Capacity to assume different responsibilities and manage time and efforts efficiently
- Ability to learn quickly and stay current with new technologies
- Ability to work within a multi-site, multicultural team
- Communication: Meetings, conference calls, and process documentation will require good verbal and written communication skills in English. Capability to prepare and conduct lectures and/or presentations to a diversified audience.
- Availability to travel occasionally
What we can offer you
Dynamic and innovative culture
Collaborative and diverse environment
Meaningful work for professional customer
Flexible work schedule
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams