Field Service Engineer
Madison, Wisconsin | Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Madison, WisconsinUS Job ID JR-027666
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Field Service Engineer who will provide technical support and repair of our company products. This position will be ideally based out of Madison, WI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Enhance the Customer Experience
- Install, maintain, validate and repair PerkinElmer and/or multivendor instrumentation at customer sites with best-in-class service.
- Provide scheduled and unscheduled corrective maintenance for customers including warranty services within a prescribed time frame and established maintenance protocols.
- Deliver customer familiarization for instrument operation and maintenance.
- Communicate service offerings including training, support, software, laboratory services products and field upgrades.
- Partner with our customers to understand their analytical workflow and applications.
Support Your Team
- Support the local instrument sales representative(s) to help secure new instrument orders.
- Provide service that helps to drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing service contracts.
- Display exceptional written and verbal communication skills and actively interface with peers and customers.
- Develop organizational awareness of other functional groups and product lines.
Drive Organizational Growth
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the installation, warranty, and service agreement documentation standards.
- Contribute to account profitability through efficient execution and service delivery.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required service data to ensure the integrity of service system(s).
- Maintain assigned assets including: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment (MTE), telecommunication equipment, assigned service parts inventory, etc.
- Proactively develop technical and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer.
- Enhance PerkinElmer’s product quality by proactively reporting improvement opportunities via the quality notification process.
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development offerings.
- Complete all administrative tasks to include but not limited to time reporting, assigned training, etc.
- Associates Degree or Technical Degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline including military experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and providing qualification services.
- Two plus years of demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and providing qualification services on instrumentation.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience using Microsoft 365.
- Exposure to analytical equipment, laboratory environment, and/or instrument control software.
- Vendor issued certification on relevant laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions.
- Ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support professionals is critical to successful performance in this role.
- Mass Spectrometry and liquid handling/automation experience, including Tandem mass spec.
- Ability to travel by air, vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and provide qualification services.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle at all times.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; while performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle at all times.
The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
In order to set expectations and to the extent permitted by applicable law, please note that if an applicant is hired for this position, the applicant will be required to prove that the applicant has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to any qualified religious or medical exemptions. Please note that the employer reserves its rights to mandate additional vaccine requirements at any time.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”