Field Technical Application Scientist- Cambridgeshire, UK
ResponsibilitiesLocation London, GB Job ID JR-031684
As a Technical Application Scientist at BioLegend, you will be a customer’s primary point of contact for technology, products, and, services. You will represent the company locally for both technical and pre-sales support as well as facilitate scientific collaboration. The main efforts to build customer relationships will be through in-person or virtual consultation with individual customers with respect to their projects & needs, provide education on relevant new technologies, assist in technical support, and conduct field marketing initiatives through seminars and presentations. Your responsibility is to interphase between the customer and BioLegend to enable researcher success and facilitate discovery.
This position will require frequent local travel and will be responsible for support of the regional Academic research institutions and Biotech/Pharma companies in Cambridge (East Anglia) & Norfolk area. Primary work location will be in Cambridgeshire (East Anglia).
In this role, you are responsible for building relationships with scientists within a defined territory. This position is responsible for both the scientific success of key accounts. Flexibility and proactivity are crucial to success in this remote; field-based position. You will be supported and collaborate with a team of experienced field technical experts and sales support personnel. This job carries direct sales responsibilities; however, priority is given to the technical and scientific side of the role.
- Develop relationships, both in person and remote, with key customers at assigned focus accounts.
- Conduct and present technical seminars to labs, user groups, and local meetings.
- Coordinate and perform product demonstrations, trainings, and, technical support.
- Provide direct sales support to customers in collaboration with team leader & Global Sales Operations team.
- Contribute to local business development related to product development, licensing, service/collaborative agreements, and, other responsibilities as needed.
- Represent BioLegend at user group meetings, scientific conferences, and local shows.
- Maintain a contact database in customer retention management system (Salesforce)
- Manage expenses through monthly reports.
- Prepare quarterly reports on territory performance, and, notable business developments at key accounts.
- Reporting any activity related to competitor activities, or, business opportunities as applicable.
- Communicate needs for self-development and develop long term professional goals.
- Travel required as necessary (some overnight travel for international events/training at HQ, but frequent local travel within Cambridge (East Anglia) & Norfolk areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Candidate must have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
- PhD in Life Sciences or related specialty such as biotechnology or Masters’ Degree in biology or related specialty with 3+ years’ experience in an academic, industry or clinical lab setting.
- Direct experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry or NGS.
- Experience with cellular assays (in-vitro, or, primary cell).
- Molecular biology wet lab experience (Western, PCR, ELISA, ELISpot, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry: Conventional/Spectral flow cytometry preferred.
- Previous job experience in a field-based role is desirable but not essential.
- Previous industry work experience.
- Research experience (academic &/or industry) in Cell Biology, Immunology, or Cancer Biology.
- Driving License preferred but not essential
- Customer-focused individual with the empathy and skills to understand and address customer concerns.
- Capable of using MS Outlook or Salesforce to stay organised and meet deadlines set.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High command in English
- Must have excellent troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be individual with excellent work ethic, great judgment and unquestionable integrity.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance several projects and customers concurrently and this requires great organisational skills to keep track of progress of each project.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BioLegend develops world-class, cutting-edge antibodies and reagents for biomedical research, manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to accelerate research and discovery by providing the highest quality products at an outstanding value, along with superior customer service and technical support. Our product expertise covers a diverse set of research areas including Immunology, Neuroscience, Cancer, Stem cells, Proteogenomics, and Cell Biology.
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”