Llantrisant, United Kingdom
ResponsibilitiesLocation Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon TaffGB Job ID JR-035259
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively, where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere. Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally. If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Llantrisant site consists of a team of about 100 manufacturing complex electro-mechanical instrumentation used in laboratories globally.
The Test Technician will work independently to complete all the functional tests of the completed instrument to specification. The Test Technician will diagnose and correct any failures to comply with the expected performance
- To work in a cell environment, carries out all the assembly and alignment procedures
- To test, calibrate and carry out performance analysis to specification on final instruments immediately prior to shipment and installation. Diagnoses and corrects any non-conformance.
- To carry out tests and calibrations on prototype or pre-production instruments to general information and specifications provided to prove the viability of production testing and develop a performance specification.
- To locate faults and repairs instruments that may be returned by customers in an unserviceable condition.
- To understand and use standard test equipment to carry out the above.
- To perform calculations in testing the above instruments. Records and clearly presents such results and figures required for permanent records and analysis.
- To incorporate design modifications requested by Development and carries out experimental work relating to such modifications as directed - records and assesses the results of this work.
- To carry out investigations as required by Production, Development or Marketing - records and analyses the results.
- Documents data where required to ISO9001 (Good documentation practice)
- To be responsible for the safe working practices and “good housekeeping” in the working area
Qualifications/ Experience required:
- HNC in engineering subject or equivalent experience
- Mechanical or electronic build experience
- Problem solving experience of assemblies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
What we offer you:
- Initial 6-month contract with possibilities of extensions
- Entry role into a growing business
- Working with innovative technology
- An environment of continuous improvement
- Competitive pay
- Working hours 37.5 per week – Monday to Friday 7:30am – 3:30pm
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."