Quality Assurance Lead Engineer
ResponsibilitiesLocation Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon TaffGB Job ID JR-031629
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively, where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere. Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally. If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Llantrisant site consists of a team of about 100 manufacturing complex electro-mechanical instrumentation used in laboratories globally.
The Quality team are responsible for controlling, developing and implementing processes, procedures and practices throughout the business.
The Quality Assurance Lead Engineer develops and implements company and regulatory quality standards in the manufacturing facility. They are knowledgeable in ISO 9001:2015 and other relevant standards/regulations.
The Quality Assurance Lead Engineer will be responsible for driving, developing and validating systems and processes in line with Llantrisant site’s Quality Management System (QMS).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure excellent quality standards are maintained across the business and ensure all work practices are carried out in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 and other relevant standards/regulations.
- To encourage and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and document this through the QMS and LMS systems.
- Provide regular monitoring, analysis and reporting against the ISO 9001:2015 standards and present to senior leadership team at regular Quality Management Review meetings.
- Provide support, mentoring and coaching for all departments in relation to the Quality Management System.
- Own Non-Conformance and CAPA process; also Quarantine process
- Facilitate and host meetings, forums and audits
- Conduct and support internal and external audits.
Qualifications / Experience
- HND level (or equivalent) in an appropriate scientific subject
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years related experience within Quality.
- Applied knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Lead Auditor ISO9001:2015 Qualified - desirable but not required
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience in data analysis and analytics
- High level of computer literacy skills (Working knowledge of SAP or ERP system would be an advantage)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written appropriate for all levels of the organisation
- Effective facilitation of meetings and forums with members from all levels within the organisation
- Good presentation skills
- Must be capable of working under pressure and have ability to complete tasks on time
Living the Perkin Elmer Values
As a Quality Assurance team, we live the Perkin Elmer values within our role on a daily basis. They shape how we interact with each other & support our colleagues.
We take Ownership and Get it DONE
Create Better Solutions for the Customer TODAY
Passion for PEOPLE
Us Before Me, We are a TEAM
Do the Right Thing ALWAYS
What we offer you:
- Dynamic high performing team
- Part of a global QA community
- An environment of continuous improvement
- Competitive pay
- Working hours 37.5 per week – Monday to Thursday 7:30am – 3:30pm; Friday 7:30-3pm
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."