Llantrisant, United Kingdom
ResponsibilitiesLocation Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon TaffGB Job ID JR-035258
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively, where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere. Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally. If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Llantrisant site consists of a team of about 100 manufacturing complex electro-mechanical instrumentation used in laboratories globally.
Build Technician: Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations which can involve.
- Working in a cell environment within a team or as an individual
- Working closely to standard operating instructions
- Documents data where required to ISO9001 (Good documentation practice)
- Following manufacturing build plans to ensure target completion
- The manufacture of sub-assemblies and or final assembly builds
- Carries out some minor assembly alignment where required
- Reporting anomalies direct to team leaders
- Working with MFG and quality engineers in set-up and calibration tasks.
- may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process
- Performing routing rework of production parts where required
- Use of sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate operating data
- To be responsible for the safe working practices and “good housekeeping” in the working area
Qualifications/ Experience required:
- Previous experience of the manufacturing of mechanical or electronic builds
- Previous experience with problem solving of assemblies
- Ability to read and follow work instructions
- Familiar with Microsoft Office preferred
What we offer you:
- Initial 3-month contract with possibilities of extensions
- Entry role into a growing business
- Working with innovative technology
- An environment of continuous improvement
- Competitive pay
- Working hours 37.5 per week – Monday to Friday 7:30am – 3:30pm
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."