Lab Computing Team Leader
ResponsibilitiesLocation Limerick, IE Job ID JR-023411
PerkinElmer is currently looking for
Lab Computing Team Lead
The OneSource Lab Computing Team Leader provides technical expertise to the team. The roles primary task is to support the local Lab Computing engineers and provide ongoing development of their technical skills over time. In addition, the candidate will be supplying Laboratory IT support services as required. This role works seamlessly with and supports the other PerkinElmer practices and divisions within the lab computing environment.
- Acts as the technical support contact for the client and the PKI lab computing team.
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Implements and manages customer specified benchtop computing procedures and processes across the LC Practice
- Provides technical Subject Matter Expertise for new system validations and change management efforts
- Acts as Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Escalates IT issues that are not resolved via regularly identified support channels.
- Acts as an interface between client, business and IT teams.
- Conducts daily ticket scrum meetings with the global team
- Monitors Ticket Queues to assure SLA alignment
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Led and the Practice Manager to change and or implement new policies and procedures.
- Manages small Lab Computing projects as required by the customer
- Assures team’s adherence to the clients and PKI’s LC policies and procedures.
- Attend the client meetings as the PKI LC technical liaison
- Assist and support other PKI practices and divisions as required.
- On-board and training new hires to assure that the process is expedited and managed.
- Monitor workload and productivity, load balance and distribute tasks as necessary
- Assure that the inventory is updated and maintained to the PKI and Client expectations.
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety code.
- Excellent project management skills
- Be self-motivated, able to lead and maintain new service implementations
What we offer:
- Purposeful & inspirational environment
- Dynamic culture in which customers are at the forefront
- Being part of a highly qualified team that is committed to excellence
- Access to cutting-edge expertise through which you can make positive impact in the world around us
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”