Software QA Engineer
Lawrence, Massachusetts | San Diego, California
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Lawrence, Massachusetts, San Diego, California Status Regular Job ID JR-031671
Nexcelom Bioscience LLC is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. Products range from cell viability counters (Cellometer) to high-throughput automated image cytometry workstations (Cellaca and Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes and biotech companies. The company contributes to the life science industry through innovation and expertise in the science of cell counting.
Purpose and Scope:
Nexcelom Bioscience has an immediate opening for a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer based at division headquarters in Lawrence, Massachusetts, or our office in San Diego, California. The Nexcelom software team is looking for a motivated, highly technical individual capable of writing, maintaining, executing, and documenting SQA Test plans as well as helping the team automate testing plans to increase productivity and test coverage. This position will report directly to the Nexcelom SQA Manager.
- Work with the SCRUM team to coordinate the development and execution of testing efforts.
- Ability to review and understand product specifications and develop appropriate test strategies, detailed test plans, and test architectures.
- Participate in reviews of specification refinements and test plans with SCRUM team.
- Provide accurate estimates for amount of effort required for projects and tasks.
- Architect, implement, and manage automated test suites.
- Identify issues and write detailed bug reports during the release development cycle.
- Work with field scientists and customers for post release quality issues and report to the SCRUM development teams.
- Communicate and coordinate with SQA team working on other SCRUM teams to compare testing strategies and approaches.
- Ability to work with and test across multiple code branches.
- Maintain computer systems, procedures, and records used in SQA.
Bachelor's degree and two years software quality assurance experience.
- Fluent in object-oriented programming (C#) for QA test automation needs.
- Master’s degree.
- Five or more years experience in SQA for professional software.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and Software development processes (Agile, SCRUM).
- Experience in test automation tools and frameworks.
- Full understanding of SQL and relational databases.
- Five or more years programming experience.
- Ability to operate, and troubleshoot hardware instruments.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft TFS Azure DevOps.
- Debugging and software logging analysis/review.
- Experience in load/stress and performance testing and tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Capable of understanding and documenting issues identified in software.
- Effectively manage bug report information and test status information.
- Experience with various types of testing (unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, usability, end to end testing).
- Ability to work with the Windows operating system.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams