Quality Assurance Engineer - Nexcelom
ResponsibilitiesLocation Lawrence, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-026044
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Reporting to the Head of Quality, the Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for performing Quality Assurance activities and oversee the continuous improvement of Quality Management System
- Assist Head of Quality in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system
- Represent Nexcelom during external ISO audits. Responsible for supporting the ISO audit process and potential correct actions as result of ISO audit.
- Facilitate cross-departmental meetings to address risk and opportunities. Meetings such as Management Reviews, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and Material Review Board.
- Perform and document internal and external audits in accordance with internal and supplier auditing schedule
- Implement and maintain Document Control activities according to Quality Management System. Activities such as training records, retains and quality assurance records.
- Ensure Engineering Change Order and Engineering Change Requests are processed in a timely manner and post-ECR/ECO actives related to document control are done.
- Establish and maintain Nexcelom’s calibration program
- Initiate and carry out Corrective Action and Supplier Corrective Action activities.
- Participate in drafting, testing, and training of Standard Operating Procedures
- Responsible for continuous education of QMS to Nexcelom employees.
- Other duties as required
- B.S. in Engineering or related discipline required
- 5+ years of experience in quality environment
- Good understanding of ISO 9001 System
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office products for formal documentation.
- Trained Auditor – preferred
- Quality Orientation (Attention to detail)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, energetic attitude; able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL SETTING:
- Ability to handle instruments and operate equipment
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”