Lawrence, Massachusetts | Boston, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Lawrence, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-035023
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Nexcelom Bioscience (a PerkinElmer company) is a developer and marketer of image cytometry products for cell analysis in life science and biomedical research. We are a fast-growing company with its headquarters and manufacturing facilities in the Boston area. Products range from single and high-throughput cell viability counters and image cytometers (Cellometer and Cellaca) to high-throughput microwell image cytometry workstations (Celigo), used in thousands of research laboratories in academic institutes, and pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Nexcelom Bioscience has an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to lead the product strategy and roadmap for our market-leading cell-counting and image cytometry product portfolio, including definition, requirements analysis, and pricing. Additionally, the Product Manager will drive the development of business plans and assesses market penetration, and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue, and market share. This person will collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, and sales to enhance the imaging cytometry and cell counting product line. The Product Manager is a hybrid position and is expected to work on-site at our headquarters in Lawrence, MA.
- New product development and sustaining product oversight for the image cytometry and cell counter portfolio.
- Strong collaboration with R&D and software development to deliver product roadmap.
- Set strategic direction and drive execution on multi-generational product strategy, roadmaps, quality, technology additions, and margin improvement projects.
- Keeping close to the market trends and assessing visibility to technologies.
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders across the globe.
- Monitors competitive landscape, aligning strategy and tactics to drive growth.
- Cross-functional training for problem solving with our customers, operations, quality, and sales. Aid to remove any barriers to growing business sales and expanding the portfolio.
- Drive continuous improvement processes cross-functionally to drive top-line growth, margin improvement, and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or life sciences AND
- 5+ years of experience in technical product management AND
- 2 + years of experience leading a life science product portfolio unit
- 7 + years of experience working in R&D and/or Product Management to develop and launch such products
- MBA is preferred or equivalent life experience.
- Exposure to regulated markets and technologies.
- Proven business leadership skills with 5 years between Product Management, Strategy, Commercial or Operation roles, preferably in Life Sciences, although adjacent markets will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans that meet business and customer needs.
- Strong business acumen, analytical, decision-making, communication, and influencing skills.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills, strong goals/results-oriented, and strong communication skills.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."