Microsoft M365 Security Officer
Thāne, India | Krakow (City), Poland
ResponsibilitiesLocation Thane West, MaharashtraIN Job ID JR-023531
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively, where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere. Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally. If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Microsoft M365 Security Administrator plays a key role in maintaining operational cyber security defense and responding to threats against the enterprise from adversaries worldwide.
The Microsoft M365 Security Administrator maintains all security aspects of M365 and coordinates all response and investigation activities related to O365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) security incidents. The Administrator uses security solutions and processes to deliver Information Security operational services including email protection, intrusion detection and prevention, situational awareness of network intrusions and security events, data exposure, and all associated incident response actions. The Administrator operates and maintains security toolsets to support continuous monitoring.
The individual must be comfortable working in a regulated environment, be able to work independently, and have strong problem-solving skills. Required core values include a commitment to customers and process excellence along with demonstrated ethics and integrity.
Long-term success in this role can be achieved by an individual who has a strong desire for continuous learning and professional growth and can increase the influence of the position within the organization.
- Responsible for the administration of security and governance controls for Microsoft Office365 and EMS E5 including Intune, Defender (O365, Endpoint, and Identity), Azure Active Directory P2, Azure Information Protection and Governance, OneDrive, Teams, and Sharepoint
- Coordinates response and investigation activities related to O365 ATP security incidents. Assembles the response team, analyzes risk, prepares a plan of action, and resolves issues
- Serves as the senior escalation point for M365 security-related issues
- Manages the governance and compliance features in Microsoft M365
- Ensures compliance with the enterprise security policies, identifying infractions and taking appropriate action
- Executes daily O365 Email and ATP security administration tasks and resolves assigned tickets
- Maintains security knowledge and skillsets to work with new technologies so that security delivery is current, procedurally documented, and aligns with ISO 27001 and NIST CSF security controls
- Recommends, develops and/or determines, and ensures implementation of sound practices and solutions for M365 issues
- Develops, maintains, and reviews a library of security procedures and knowledge base articles
- Collects statistics on type and volume of activities executed; logs and tracks all administration requests
- Interacts and negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure M365-related products and services
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in IT security technologies with demonstrated skills and expertise in M365, especially the Email, ATP, and Defender components
- Current Microsoft certifications (such as MS-500 Microsoft 365 Security Administration) are preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Microsoft M365 service structure and core features
- Strong knowledge of EMS E5 Security and Compliance features
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business, and related Office 365 Admin Centers
- Strong knowledge of on-prem and hybrid configurations
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Azure AD and DNS
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems and Technologies. Linux operating experience not required but is a plus.
- Strong understanding of encryption, multifactor authentication, crypto, and security certificates
- Strong understanding of SMTP and associated email security threats including phishing and business email compromise schemes
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows PowerShell and Exchange PowerShell
- Good understanding of Linux, Android, iOS, and database technologies
- Good report writing and verbal communications skills are required as well as an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and internet standards.
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Disciplined self-starter who can successfully bring projects and tasks to closure with a minimum of direction, guidance, and oversight
- Ability to communicate well with other team members and employees worldwide
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”