IT Network Security Administrator
Poland | United States | India | Finland
ResponsibilitiesLocation Kraków, PL Job ID JR-031101
Are you ready to be part of the team effort which helps improve the lives of millions of people and create a healthier world? When you work at PerkinElmer, that’s exactly what you’ll do. From our dedicated scientists and world-class operations employees to our innovative R&D professionals and committed sales and service groups, we’re a unique team of 16,000+ global colleagues who come to work every day knowing we’re making a difference. Through innovation, collaboration, and belief in our mission, we strive to create an inspiring and inclusive culture for our employees, so they can be their best and, together, create a better tomorrow.
Summary of the role:
The IT Network Security Administrator plays a key role in reviewing, defining, and maintaining local- and wide-area network security protection architecture and controls to ensure that information transmitted to computers via networks are not disclosed to unwanted parties or modified inadvertently.
The Network Security Administrator is also responsible for all operational aspects of SecOps network protection including network protection software administration and operation, drafting and implementing network security policies and standards, and assisting with staff education and network incident reporting and response. The individual must be comfortable working in a global, regulated environment, be able to work independently, and have strong problem-solving skills. Required core values include a commitment to customers and process excellence along with demonstrated ethics and integrity.
Long-term success in this role can be achieved by an individual who has a strong desire for continuous learning and professional growth and can increase the influence of the position within the organization.
- Identifying, monitoring, and defining security requirements at all levels of the network.
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the security protections of network systems.
- Testing and checking network security controls for weaknesses in software and hardware. Coordinating and supporting all network penetration testing activities.
- Configuring and installing security-specific infrastructure devices.
- Investigating network intrusion and hacking incidents, collecting incident responses, and carrying out forensic investigations. Assisting with other investigations as needed.
- Determining the latest technologies and processes that improve the overall security of the network.
- Analyzing and reporting on network security monitoring findings.
- Informing the company about network security incidents as soon as possible.
- Defining and maintaining network security policies.
- At least three years of proven work experience as a network security engineer or information security engineer.
- Experience in creating and maintaining security systems.
- A network engineering degree, telecom engineering degree, or a BS/BE degree in computer science, cybersecurity or a related IT field is preferred.
- Relevant network engineering certifications such as CCNP Security, CEH, CISSP, or GIAC security certifications are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough subject matter expertise in modern network security; intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, traffic encryption, content inspection and filtering, IP subnetting, etc.
- Strong understanding of the latest network technologies, security principles, and protocols
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, NetFlow, Active Directory, Azure AD, DNS, and DHCP
- Strong understanding of Cisco Networking Systems and technologies
- Strong understanding of Windows and Linux Operating Systems and technologies
- Strong understanding of encryption, multifactor authentication, crypto, and security certificates
- Good technical knowledge of current network protocols and internet standards
- Good technical knowledge of Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure) and related network security controls
- Working knowledge of applicable security and privacy practices and laws (PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.)
- Disciplined self-starter who can successfully bring projects and tasks to closure with a minimum of direction, guidance, and oversight
- Ability to communicate well with other team members and employees worldwide
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Private healthcare including dental care – MEDICOVER,
- Life and long-term disability insurance – GENERALI,
- Social benefits: Gym card (MULTISPORT), Christmas vouchers, vacation and childcare subsidies,
- Home Office,
- Allowance for working from home 150 PLN net monthly extra
- Possibility to borrow a screen, a chair, and other IT devices from the office,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Referral awards,
- Internal career development opportunities in multiple business areas,
- Modern office facility including parking lot,
- Bike ride subsidy,
- CSR & sports activities,
- Relaxation, gaming, and nursery room,
- and up to 4 additional days of vacation.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further and apply!
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."