IT Data Security Officer
Poland | India
ResponsibilitiesLocation Kraków, PL Job ID JR-023532
The IT Data Security Administrator plays a key role in building and maintaining operational data governance, privacy, and protection to ensure that information stored on computers or networks is not disclosed to unwanted parties or modified inadvertently. This position will oversee data security and governance controls for the entire PerkinElmer tenant.
The Data Security Administrator is responsible for all operational aspects data protection including data protection software administration and operation, drafting, and implementing data security policies and standards, assisting with staff education, and with data breach reporting and response. The individual must be comfortable working in a regulated environment, be able to work independently, and have strong problem-solving skills. Required core values include commitment to customers and process excellence along with demonstrated ethics and integrity.
Long-term success in this role can be achieved by an individual who has a strong desire for continuous learning and professional growth and can increase the influence of the position within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration and operation of the data security and governance controls in a Microsoft M365 E5 Compliance environment, including Advanced Information Protection and Governance, Advanced eDiscovery and Audit, and Insider Risk Management
- Coordinates response and investigation activities related to data security incidents. Assembles the response team, analyzes risk, prepares a plan of action, and resolves issues
- Collaborates with members of the Data Privacy Office, Cloud Security, Business Intelligence, Human Resources, and Legal teams as well as key business unit stakeholders to ensure a holistic enterprise approach to data privacy and security
- Ensures compliance with the enterprise data security policies, identifying infractions and taking appropriate action
- Performs data security audits, risk assessments and analysis
- Makes recommendations for enhancing data systems security
- Researches attempted breaches of data security and rectifying security weaknesses
- Formulates or updates data security policies and procedures
- Serves as the senior escalation point for data security-related issues
- Executes daily data security administration tasks and resolves assigned tickets
- Maintains data security knowledge and skillsets to work with new technologies so that security delivery is current, procedurally documented, and aligns with ISO 27001 and NIST CSF security controls
- Recommends, develops and/or determines, and ensures implementation of sound practices and solutions for M365 data security issues
- Develops, maintains, and reviews a library of data security procedures and knowledge base articles
- Collects statistics on type and volume of activities executed; logs and tracks all administration requests
- Interacts and negotiates with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure M365-related products and services
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in IT security technologies with Advanced Compliance, AIP, and eDiscovery components
- Current Microsoft certifications (such as MS-500 Microsoft 365 Security Administration) are preferred but experience with AWS is also desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of EMS E5 Security and Compliance features
- Strong knowledge of on-prem and hybrid configurations
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Azure AD and DNS
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems and Technologies. Linux operating experience not required but is a plus.
- Strong understanding of encryption, multifactor authentication, crypto, and security certificates
- Good report writing and verbal communications skills are required as well as an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and internet standards.
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Disciplined self-starter who can successfully bring projects and tasks to closure with a minimum of direction, guidance, and oversight
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
What we offer:
A probation period is 3 months, then an indefinite contract
Private healthcare including dental care – MEDICOVER
Life and long-term disability insurance – GENERALI
Social benefits: Gym card (MULTISPORT), Christmas vouchers, vacation and childcare subsidies, cinema tickets
Allowance for working from home 150 PLN net monthly extra
Possibility to borrow screen and chair from the office
Modern office facility including parking lot
Casual dress policy
Bike ride subsidy
CSR & sports activities (as soon as we get back to the office)
Fresh fruit served every morning (as soon as we get back to the office)
Relaxation, gaming, and nursery room (as soon as we get back to the office)
and up to 30 days of vacation!
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”