Warehouse Receiving Associate
ResponsibilitiesLocation Kennesaw, GeorgiaUS Job ID JR-024942
Omni International is seeking a Warehouse Receiving Associate in Operations, located in Kennesaw, GA.
Omni International is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and consumables for the life science, pharmaceutical, and agricultural industries with greater than 30-year history in the Atlanta area. At Omni, we put our customers and our employees first. Omni is a privately-owned corporation that is built on strong values and integrity and is staffed by friendly and helpful co-workers. Our products are an integral part of the forefront of biomedical research, and we have thousands of references in the scientific literature. In short, it’s a great place to work if you’d like to make a difference.
Omni is a global company with distribution in over 50 countries throughout the world. Our mission is to manufacture high-quality products designed to improve sample prep in the lab for better and more repeatable scientific research outcomes. Due to our continued rapid growth, we are seeking a Warehouse Receiving Associate to support our Operations department.
- Breaks down all inbound material for auditing.
- Organize and prepare incoming raw materials in the warehouse
- Receiving of raw materials through purchase orders and review packing list
- Puts away all material by type in/on appropriate gaylords/pallets once audited.
- Review and counts parts against packing list at incoming receiving
- May assist shipping and receiving by loading and unloading shipment from truck(s)
- Must be able to work independently or with a team
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Knowledge of SAGE or equivalent ERP/MRP
- Manage RMAs back to supplier with purchasing
- Participate in inventory cycle counts when needed
- Keep all areas in and near dock and racks in neat and orderly fashion.
- Contribute to team effort by completing related tasks efficiently.
- Work with production, warehouse, and planning on timely delivery of raw materials
- Notify appropriate personnel of any damages or variances found at incoming
- Must adhere to ISO compliance of SOPs, best practices, and record keeping of incoming documentation
- Additional tasks or functions may be assigned by manager
- Work safely and follow lifting procedures directed by SOP and wear proper PPE when needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of work experience in warehouse or fulfilment environment.
- Basic computing skills; Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite
- Some college experience preferred
- Basic assembly skills require
- Shipping and receiving: 2 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Loading and unloading trucks: 2 year (Preferred)
- Ability to move, lift heavy products
- Dependable and Reliable.
- Must be able to follow detailed work instructions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks in a busy environment
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Positive attitude with an ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Customer focused
- Must be detail oriented with a strong emphasis on accuracy and consistency.
- Diligent attention to safety
- Communication skills – proficient in writing, verbal, and listening skills
- Excellent problem-solving process
- Excellent computer skills
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting, standing, and bending for long periods of time
- Lifting and/or moving of up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
- Warehouse Environment
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures
- Wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) where needed
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or other safety-related issues
OMNI International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company makes all selection and other employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
In addition, the Company provides reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with physical and mental disabilities in accordance with applicable law(s). If an accommodation is required to apply for employment, or to perform the essential job functions of a position you seek, contact Human Resources so appropriate arrangements can be made.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”