On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Kennesaw, Georgia Status Regular Job ID JR-019927
- Participates in the design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Manages manufacturing processes and documentation, plus supports design engineers on BOMs, drawings, routes, and prototyping assemblies.
- Plans, coordinate, and optimizes all plant lean initiatives by continuing to support internal Gemba, MUDA, Kaizen, Time Studies, Cell layouts methodologies.
- Support all technical services with other process engineers and coach junior technicians to maintain high level of customer support.
- Confers with vendors and engineers’ best practices to ensure product design and tooling to boost production efficiencies.
Analyzes and captures data to decipher tests, troubleshoots and provides solutions to technical problems with preventative measures.
- Strong statistical data analysis and SPC for optimizing product reliability.
- Works cohesively with the staff on all material quality constraints (MRBs) to ensure actions and root cause are actioned immediately and dispositioned accordingly.
- Evaluates and optimizes space requirements, cell workflow, materials constraint, design and equipment layout for maximum efficiency.
- Formulate long and short-range strategies for continuous improvement of processes and equipment needs.
- Implement Six Sigma methodologies to reduce cost and waste by using MUDA or Kaizen improvement best practices.
- Experience and understanding of PFMEA, FMEA, DMAIC Process.
- Able to maintain high level of professionalism and enhances a team environment culture that motivates the Omni production workforce.
- Mentor, motivate and lead full time and staffing associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree (ME/MET/EET) with 5+ years of mechanical or product design experience.
- Experience in both product design and manufacturing (tooling and fixtures) environments.
- CAD design of mechanical systems in SolidWorks (v2014 or newer).
- Experience with MS Office software products.
- Experience in a design and manufacturing environment certified to ISO 9001/13485.
- Ability to translate client requests into existing systems at optimal cost and time targets.
- Have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Must be a team player with a strong customer orientation.
- Additional beneficial background and experience would include (but not limited to):
- Understanding of electronic document control systems (PDM).
- ERP/MRP Systems for data gathering and reporting
- Knowledge of PLC, Robotics, Programming, machine shop fabrication helpful.
Physical Job Requirement:
- Sitting, standing and bending.
- Lifting and/or moving of up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
- Office and warehouse environment
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams