ResponsibilitiesLocation Indianapolis, IndianaUS Job ID JR-018719
Job Title: Service Technician
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Helps PerkinElmer customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers within an assigned geographic area. Suggests and delivers services and support which includes direct installation, maintenance and repair of multi-vendor lab equipment, validation services, IQ/OQ and service agreements. Represents the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and drives repeat purchases and long-term satisfaction by best-in-class responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, Maintenance & Repair.
Install, maintain, verify performance and repair PerkinElmer equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area or site.
- Drive toward zero service recalls.
- Completes assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate and all warranty services, which apply to our products in the field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service contract provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information
- Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Computers, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives
- BS Degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Electronics or related discipline is preferred but not required.
- Two or more years of customer service experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical R&D chemistry lab operation.
- Experience in GxP environments is a plus
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Two or more years in servicing/working on HPLCs
- Able to work on GC and GCMS systems is a plus
- Sound knowledge of or ability to service GC, LC, IR, UV, LCMS, IC and other various lab equipment a plus
- Will be required to use company software along with MS Office Suite, Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer satisfaction focus
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions
- Additionally, the ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, and communicate clearly and effectively with customers, peers, managers and other technical support professionals are critical to successful performance in this role
- Certification of company training on equipment in minimum of one major discipline (dependent upon geographic needs this may require – two major disciplines)
Not viewing this opportunity on PerkinElmer.com/careers? Use the link below to apply now:
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."