Cloud Security Manager
India | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation India - Remote, IN Job ID JR-029560
The Cloud Security Manager will define Security Gap projects and oversee Security initiatives in Enterprise Cloud’s day-to-day SecOps business operations. This role will provide an essential function for coordinating SecOps vulnerability patching, End Point Protection, CIS OS hardening, Intrusion Prevention, Web Application Firewalls, Security Incident Event Management System SIEM, Threat Management, Incident Response and SecOps automation. Responsibilities also include the outsourced 24x7 Security Operations Center (AT&T) which provides Security monitoring, alerting and escalation. The ideal candidate will be required to run daily and weekly scrum meetings to provide guidance on Security problems to drive and provide highly innovative solutions. Candidate will be a “people” person and possess good mentoring and supervisory skills of employees in both Amazon and 3rd party Cloud Security technical competencies. Candidate will be asked to oversee and manage Security customer incident response ensuring customer problems and unauthorized access issues are quickly resolved. The Security Manager will contribute to incident root cause analysis, identifying remediation and process improvement working alongside an external 3rd party Forensic company. The ideal candidate will have experience working with internal and external audit and compliance organizations and be able to build strong working relationships across multiple disciplines and teams, driving Security quality and direction across the organization to ensure a state-of-the-art Security posture and minimization of attack vectors and risks.
- Manage the team operating the Enterprise Cloud Security infrastructure in AWS for cloud-based services running in production and development environments following an Agile scrum approach.
- Maintain Security operations policies & procedures, including Compliance, Incident Response, 24/7 Production alerting and monitoring and 3rd party vendor management.
- Provide high quality of service 24/7 to PKI Informatics customer base, including proactive Security monitoring and response to Security issues in customer facing production environments with strict Service Level Agreements SLAs.
- Responsible for all aspects of data Security and Privacy across Enterprise Cloud.
- Ensure Security operations are performed to appropriate legal, local data regulations and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Manage and plan security tools, infrastructure & resource costs to defined budgets.
- Work closely with Compliance teams in keeping SOP documentation up to date, including system security plan, risk assessment, Security Event and Incident Response management.
- Experience in IAM role-based security, security policies, security trends, monitoring tools, SecOps testing and deployment.
- Manage and oversee SecOps AWS automation across multiple globally distributed systems.
- Define, implement, manage, and improve Security operational support processes.
- Manage and oversee 24x7 Security operational coverage amongst Security team members.
Span of Control
Positions reporting directly to this position: Cloud Security Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity systems or a Security related study and 10+ years of relevant Security technology and Enterprise Cloud experience including 3-5 years of leadership experience.
- Deep knowledge of AWS platform and Security facilities.
- Current AWS Security certification or 3rd party certification(s) desired.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Experience driving escalation, prioritization, and coordination of high severity Security incidents (Zero Day) and designing appropriate communication plans to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with identifying and managing complex Security projects with several resources and workstreams.
- Experience with Security incident management and war room type scenarios.
- Experience driving teams to build SecOps pipeline job streams.
- Strong communication skills to work with leadership, QA, Support and Engineering teams and end user customers.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent, demonstrated process management skills. Candidate must be project and goal oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of Security and Governance initiatives.
- Experience with the Security component of a complex Enterprise-wide Cloud Governance program.
- Solution-oriented leadership and a management-based approach.
- Provide guidance, objectives, and metrics and oversight to help teams to maintain state of the art secure mission critical customer facing services.
- Oversee and refine processes, practices, and tooling that teams will use to meet their Compliance and Security objectives.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding of 3rd party Security systems, design and architecture.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with individuals and leaders from all levels of the organization.
- High Sense of Urgency – This job entails supporting the Cybersecurity of business-critical applications, with stringent SLAs.
- Must be able to establish rapport, value and respect within a complex and sophisticated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across engineering and QA teams.
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of ownership.
Assist in the planning of technical Cloud Security roadmaps and future initiatives.
Effectively communicate project status, metrics, and issues to senior leadership.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."