Sr. Automation Engineer
Hyderabad, India | Thāne, India
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hyderabad, India, Thāne, India Status Regular Job ID JR-024337
This role is responsible for designing, developing and implementing automated continuous integration & delivery solutions, as required, to support the technical capabilities of PerkinElmer’s cloud platform.
This role requires excellent communication skills, both with team members and business contacts at all levels.
In addition, this role must be able to work with minimal or no supervision on multiple concurrent complex projects, and to co-ordinate the work of others in this environment.
This role requires excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
- Operation of cloud based information systems across all phases of system engineering, provisioning, operation, support, maintenance, compliance, and decommissioning.
- Deploy, manage, and monitor applicable alerting platforms to ensure adequate level of health monitoring for all production systems, including hardware, server components and deployed applications.
- Designing processes and selecting tools that ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Develop automated pipelines, processes & scripts to support the deployment of customer solutions in cloud environments
- Provides oversight, direction, and management to operational aspects of the CDLC process.
- Instrumental in building and maintaining systems in support of and processes within the Continuous Delivery lifecycle.
- Provide cross training to other engineers, administrators, and developers across the organization
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting of infrastructure and applications
Span of Control
Positions reporting directly to this position: None
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five to Eight years of System Administrator experience.
- Deep knowledge of IaaS platform(s) – primary focus on AWS (possible Azure, Google, VMWare is useful)
- Excellent knowledge of AWS Deployment & Management capabilities including CLI, Cloud Formation, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience building out highly-available public or private cloud infrastructure
- Continuous Integration experience with orchestration tools such as Jenkins etc.
- Excellent knowledge with Amazon Web Services APIs
- Practical experience with most of if not all components of AWS: EC2, Beanstalk, ELB, Route53, S3, Cloud front, SNS, SWF, SQS, RDS, Dynamo DB, Elastic Cache, IAM, Cloud Formation & Redisplays
- Working knowledge of logging platforms (New Relic, Cloud Trail)
- Strong understanding of application deployment/configuration processes
- Vision to recognize opportunities for reducing manual updates/changes with automation in the development and operations infrastructure
- Solid in-depth automation experience using configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant
- In-Depth Knowledge of Docker running locally on a Developers workstation and in the Cloud and creating corporate specific Docker images.
- Experience building out highly-available public or private cloud infrastructures
- Strong coding/scripting skills (Python or Java or Bash)
- Experience with Linux and Windows platforms
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding of systems engineering, design and architecture
- Proven ability to be able to document a RCA(Root Cause Analysis) for troubleshooting issues in test and production
- Ability to collaborate with individuals from all levels of the organization
- High Sense of Urgency – This job entails supporting business critical applications, with stringent SLAs
- Must be able to establish rapport, value and respect within a complex and sophisticated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to communicate effectively across engineering teams
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of ownership
Assist in the planning of technical roadmaps and cloud architecture
Effectively communicate project status, metrics, and issues
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams