Hyderabad, India | New Delhi, India | Thāne, India
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hyderabad, India, New Delhi, India, Thāne, India Status Regular Job ID JR-019762
We are looking for a software developer who is proficient in C# or a similar language. Your primary focus is to work on an in-house developed IoT solution measuring utilization of lab instruments.
- Develop code to parse log files and query databases to retrieve metrics related to utilization of laboratory software and instrumentation
- Build, test, and deploy developed software
- Resolve bugs and improve the application’s performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Contribute to design decisions and discussions
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders and provide technical assistance
- Work with customers and customer representatives to interpret source log files and databases to understand how utilization and related data are represented in those files
- Participate in project, customer support, and other online meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, a data science degree, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of software development in C# or similar language
- Knowledge of .NET framework and related Microsoft technology
- Understanding of RESTful APIs, OO principle, Design Pattern
- Experienced in at least one relational database e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, …
- Knowledge of control software for chromatography, mass spectrometry and other types of laboratory instrumentation is a plus (examples of control software include ChemStation, Chromeleon, Empower, QuantStudio, and Xcalibur)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to interact with customers and end-users, with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Familiar with Scrum Software Development Process
- Experience in micro service architecture is a plus
- Experience in AWS platform is a plus
- Ability to complete tasks and maintain productivity with minimal supervision
- Used to work remotely and in an international work environment is a plus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams