Information Systems Operations EngineerApply Now
- Hyderabad, Telangana
Job Title: Information Systems Operations Engineer
Location: Hyderabad India
Type of Assignment: Full time
- The OneSource Information Systems Operations Engineer is responsible for the operational side of PerkinElmer’s OneSource Enterprise web portal, its linked iOS & Android apps and the underlying server infrastructure.
- Besides monitoring the system and performing administrative tasks, the Operations Engineer will also provide end user support through direct interaction and by continuously enhancing the software’s documentation and training materials.
- With the business data being a key success factor for the information system, the Operations Engineer will perform periodic data consistency checks and lead the remediation of any problems together with other functional teams.
- The Operations Engineer will serve as a conduit between internal / external end users and the software development team, this allows the Operations Engineer to play a vital role in the future development of the system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support of PerkinElmer’s in-house developed OneSource Enterprise web portal and its linked iOS & Android smart phone apps.
- Responsible for the operation of the cloud-based server infrastructure.
- Monitoring of the data flow between SAP backend system and a MS SQL database.
- Continuously improves our systems and processes by analyzing the solutions in place.
- Develops functional specifications based on own and/or end users’ needs, conferring with end users, work processes and software development team.
- Responsible for identifying potential information and network security vulnerabilities. Develops and implements solutions to mitigate these risks and enhance system security.
- Conducts prescribed testing and diagnosis of computer systems to ensure fail-safe operation. Identifies bottlenecks.
- May resolve obvious problems or will escalate more serious problems.
- Creates clear, concise, user-oriented documentation.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts and training material.
- Change management – ensures any changes are clearly communicated to all those affected.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experienced in managing multiple tasks and projects with a strong ability to prioritize.
- Good negotiation skills – understand what is possible to ensure expectations are managed and met.
- Broad knowledge of IT technologies. Mainly SAP, SQL, MS Office, Windows Server and Web technology to enable meaningful dialog with the development team.
- Background in analyzing business processes and ability to translate business needs into functional specifications.
- Good people / communication skills to interface with the user community, their management and IT.
- Hands on experience with SQL database technology, web pages, apps, SAP ECC, cloud environments (AWS) and general web technologies are critical.
- The position requires 2 years of experience.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams