Customer Support Engineer-Houston or Austin area
Houston, Texas | Austin, Texas
ResponsibilitiesLocation Houston, TexasUS Job ID JR-021236
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Customer Support Engineer who will provide technical support in the development and implementation of customer applications and company products. Valid Driver's License is required.
This position focuses on our inorganic products. ICPMS/MS. Inorganic instrumentation operation and/or maintenance experience
Installation, Maintenance & Repair:
- Install, maintain, verify performance and repair equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area or site.
- Drive toward zero service recalls.
- Completes assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate and all warranty services, which apply to our products in the field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service contract provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer.
- Drive the sale of new maintenance agreements, maintenance agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
- Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software and field installed computer hardware upgrades.
- Assist and support local sales representative secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
- Manages inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
Continuous Self Development:
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer.
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- Associates Degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry, Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline including military experience OR
- 2 plus years of demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and providing qualification services on instrumentation
- Inorganic instrumentation operation and/or maintenance experience
- GMP/GLP compliance rigor and attention to detail
- Hands on service skills and oral/written communications skills a must.
- Target attributes
- critical thinking and problem solving
- customer ownership
- ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- experience with test equipment
- Instrument Method development experience.
- Training development and execution experience
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."