Sustaining Product ManagerApply Now
- Hopkinton, MA
- Waltham, MA
This new role requires an enthusiastic, strategic, energetic and business savvy individual to join the automation and microfluidic product portfolio team at PerkinElmer. The successful candidate will be responsible for roadmap products and platforms from product launch through the product/platform end of life. The Sustaining Product Manager will manage products and platforms post launch to maximize value, revenue and customer satisfaction.The product manager works closing with cross-functional teams to lead product sustaining efforts by being the main point of contact for product escalations, commercial team support, operations and manufacturing engineering.
The Sustaining Product Manager reports to the GM of Automation and Microfluidics and is responsible for the execution of objectives for the Automation and Microfluidics business unit. This person will be a problem solver who helps improve the product line by coordinating and prioritizing both product requests, changes, and improvements by aggregating the business justifications for post launch product investments while directing the implementation of product line improvements.
The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently, exercising excellent judgment with a high degree of analytical thinking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface and collaborate with cross functional groups (Sales, PMO, Field Services, Engineering, Supply Chain and Marketing)
- Translate product enhancements through product or solution requirements that are driven by business analytics
- Maintain detailed technical knowledge of products by working with technical teams and reviewing technical documentation
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory requirements, supply chain and quality systems.
- Provide answers and guidance to operations and sales ranging from quoting, logistics, inventory availability, pricing, profitability, quality challenges, etc.
- Liaise with the operations team to manage in-life product performance: sales, margin, etc. and understand quarterly performance and impact as a result of executed initiatives.
- Work with your product management colleagues and staff on product line revenue forecasting and interpretation/decision making on data analyzed in an effort to explore areas of improvement.
- Provide the desired support, technical/ operational for other development & departmental projects when necessary.
- Review new technologies/ products for OEM opportunities as a means of complementing the existing portfolio.
- Enthusiasm, drive, initiative and a can-do attitude is a prerequisite
- MS/BS degree in Biotechnology or Engineering
- Product management, or Business development experience required
- Experience with new product development
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects at the same time
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions and/or ideas.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Travel required will be 20% able to travel domestically & internationally, flexibility in last minute travel arrangements necessary
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams