Sr. Test & Integration Engineer
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hopkinton, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-033840
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally. If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further! PerkinElmer is seeking a Sr. Test & integration Engineer, to help our team develop and deploy automation solutions. The team works on solving novel problems in the Life Science manufacturing space.
This job is based in Hopkinton, Massachusetts.
- Understands requirements of the project manager, design engineer and customer to develop hardware and software specifications to fulfill project needs and determine a project schedule.
- Participates in the design review to finalize the system specifications and project schedule.
- Develops application level and module level software of Laboratory Automation Systems according to contemporary software techniques to ensure an overall standardized process and integrates the software with hardware at several levels with minimum supervision.
- Reviews the application, hardware and software to perform system testing as defined in the specifications to achieve Factory Acceptance of a completed system.
- Proactively communicates with project team, customer and project manager regarding development, testing and current status of systems under development.
- Writes technical documentation as needed to communicate both internally and with customer.
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, Biology or related field.
- Experience with lab automation & robotics, integration, method development/programming, and assay application competency.
- Working knowledge of VB.NET, C#.
- Must be technically competent and be able to communicate to a variety of diverse customers and a multidisciplinary application team of engineers, scientists, and managers.
- Approximately 20% travel requirement, primarily domestic, some international.
- Strong analytical skills, including instrumental methods of analysis, strong problem solving skills, strong written and communication skills, understanding of GLPs & cGMPs, and ability to work independently.
Are you ready to help improve the lives of millions of people and create a healthier world? When you work at PerkinElmer, that’s exactly what you’ll do. From our dedicated scientists and world-class operations employees to our innovative R&D professionals and committed sales and service groups, we’re a unique team of global colleagues who come to work every day knowing we’re making a difference. Through innovation, collaboration, and belief in our mission, we strive to create an inspiring and inclusive culture for our employees, so they can be their best and, together, create a better tomorrow.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams