Senior Software EngineerApply Now
- Hopkinton, MA
Candidates will be responsible for helping to build of the quality, performance, resiliency, and security of PerkinElmer Automation Liquid Handling and Microfluid products. Duties include designing and implementing large scale, quality, high performance, resiliency, and security platform.
The successful candidate will have significant software design and build/release experience, as well as excellent interpersonal written and oral communication and collaboration skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including planning, design and implementation
- Provide support in developing new product lines and upgrading existing products
- Provide training and mentor other software engineers when required, document wiki and share wherever possible
- Complete understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Develop most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements, prioritize and execute assigned tasks whiting deadlines
- Champion quality throughout the development process, assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Actively participate in our daily scrums and help establish best design practices to influence architectural decisions and build various performance interfaces for our platform.
- Requires a BS degree required / MS preferred plus, with 5 to 10 years’ experience in developing instrument control software in medical, scientific or other relevant field.
- Very familiar with C#/C++ programming language and .NET and Visual Studio development tools
- Very familiar with WCF and WPF
- Very familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Very familiar with version various Branching strategies, pull request concept and GIT commands
- control, bug tracking systems and procedures
- Strong sense of ownership, passionate, fast learner, detail-oriented, analytical mindset, perfection seeker, self-starter able to operate with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams