Sr Principal Supply Chain Engineer
Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Branford, Connecticut | Charlotte, North Carolina | Morristown, New Jersey | New York, New York | Research Triangle Park, North Carolina | Richmond, California | Shelton, Connecticut | Tarrytown, New York | Waltham, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hopkinton, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-019006
A new opportunity exists for an experienced Supply Chain Engineer to drive an exciting global network optimization in transportation, warehousing, and operations. Working with a diverse team of Logistics professionals, you will have responsibility for building, developing, and executing an optimized global network through improved movement of goods using data, engineering, and project management tools. In addition you will have responsibility for: ensuring that the network is successful in centers of gravity at a regional level and global level; distribution strategies to include rationalization, acquisition and integration sites, third party and internally operated sites, mode optimization, order fulfillment, logistics and fiscal efficiency and inventory turns to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Establishing data and project plans, as well as managing and leading projects for logistics, transportation, and warehouse efficiency projects and inventory to support order fulfillment objectives and projects
- Building and maintaining a scalable, duplicable, sustainable network, which includes:
- Utilizing data and developing models
- Writing SOP’s
- Creating project plans and meeting deliverables
- Recommending and implementing digital tools, including but not limited to Transportation and Warehouse Management Systems and bar coding/RFID
- Managing and facilitating multiple workstreams and projects to support the build and development of the global network
- Participating on global leadership team calls and operating reviews to represent the global network optimization plan
- Applying engineering and lean tools to optimize the global network
- Building, updating and maintaining financial statements (project financials/goals, return-on-investment, etc.)
- Translating regional business needs and global requirements to action plans and timelines and leading the execution of these actions to achievement of goals
- Interfacing regularly with third-party logistics providers, consultants, regional and global teams to maintain high levels of service and execution
- Translating corporate-level and regional initiatives into the overall network optimization plan
- Collaborating with a team of professionals, in a matrix environment
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- 12+ years of total experience, as an industrial or mechanical engineer with supply chain experience (Logistics, Warehousing, International Trade Compliance or Operations)
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing facility or warehouse with distribution planning to support complex order fulfillment strategies
- Masters degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business
- APICS CPIM and/or Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM) certification preferred
- In addition to strong knowledge of SAP, materials management processes and the management of data with the system is preferred
- Ability to drive a culture that fosters learning and collaboration with a strong focus on teamwork and continuous improvement
- Self-starter with an ability to be an effective business partner rather than just functional support; a sense of urgency and commitment and ability to influence in order to meet operational and financial goals with a focus on internal and external customers
- Understanding of and ability to build financial models
- Experience with Six Sigma tools; Green Belt or Black Belt certified
- Strong knowledge of SAP
- Previous experience managing complex projects with global implications
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong PC skills including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, both domestically and internationally
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Meet Our People »and learn more about Rachel
"There is nothing cookie-cutter about my job. I’m never stuck doing routine tasks."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Manny
"There’s never a day I don’t think about how my team truly helps accelerate scientific research."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Lee
"Being innovative in my job is second nature. I’m constantly discovering ways to make methods easier and higher performing for the industry."
Meet Our People »and learn more about Samantha
"When I go to one of my mentors and let them know that I have learned something new, I am able to apply it in a real project right away which has been extremely helpful to my professional growth and has enabled me to continue achieving my goals."