Sr. Order Management Specialist- REMOTE
Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Boston, Massachusetts | Downers Grove, Illinois | Hartford, Connecticut | Shelton, Connecticut | Springfield, Illinois | Waltham, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hopkinton, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-024426
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day! Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
As a member of the Order Fulfillment organization, the Order-to-Remittance Specialist will liaise with an extensive breadth of departments participating in the order fulfillment workflow. Must be able to discover, communicate and influence failure points or process weaknesses that inhibit the highest degree of predictability in order fulfillment. The Order-to-Remittance Specialist will become the authority, a central point of contact, supporting successful completion of order fulfillment.
This position will collaborate with key stakeholders and business partners such as Sales, Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, Customer Care, Product Management, Global Order Management, Manufacturing, and IT to document, and deploy optimized processes that improve fulfillment and forecast accuracy.
- Drive process to ensure delivery of forecasted revenue
- One point of contact to provide information spanning product availability, lead times, supply chain issues, NPI deliverables into the sales organization
- Represent the sales organization as the single point of contact for Manufacturing to help determine order prioritization including coordinating requirements for pre-positioning requests to support the revenue forecast
- Review sales forecast funnel for configuration needs, terms and conditions, and critical delivery timelines
- Ownership of regional SIOP process, including coordinating of monthly cadence with sales and product line leaders to ensure demand is adequately represented in the global production requirements
- Delegate cross-functionally responsibility to resolve Order holds and drive owners to complete tasks.
- Provide strong communications to Commercial and Customer Care teams regarding delivery expectations and performance
- Ensure shipment delivery requirements with Logistics
- Provide accurate risk assessment to Sales & Finance of in-quarter fulfillment versus expected backlog
- Partner with Procurement teams for sourcing, delivery dates, and replenishment activities for order fulfillment of Purchase to Stock materials (local items)
- Interface with all internal customers (ie: Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, Product Management, Finance, etc.) to assure high-quality order fulfillment and excellent communication
- Meet or exceed execution targets for the OTR organization including but not limited to full order fulfillment cycle-time by sub-territory and product line
- Driving to identify and implement continuous performance improvements
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience within order management, product management, operations, customer care, and/or import/export of a B2B product-based business
- Associate degree and 7+ years of experience within order management, product management, operations, customer care, and/or import/export of a B2B product-based business
- HS/GED and 9+ years of experience within order management, product management, operations, customer care, and/or import/export of a B2B product-based business
- Experience with SAP, Excel, Salesforce.com, and TIBCO/Spotfire or other BI tools
- Highly motivated goal-oriented self-starter with the ability to learn and work independently and manage competing priorities
- Fluency in English, additional language skills beneficial
- Experience in import/export and/or customs is a plus
- History of success with working cross-functionally in a matrixed environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with evidence of teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrated aptitude and success in fostering solid, value-based relationships
- Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills, including multi-tasking and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, follow up, and attention to detail
- Adaptable to multiple requests and changing demands
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and data-driven analytical expertise
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of a matrix organization
- Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Role located in Hopkinton, MA or Shelton, CT or Downers Grove, IL
- Willing to travel occasionally (5-10%)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”