Sr. Microfluidics Engineer (Process Engineer)
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hopkinton, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-020457
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a highly motivated Microfluidics Engineer to join the Hopkinton R&D Microfluidics team. This role will be responsible for the fabrication of microfluidic devices, design of processes for device fabrication and development of QC testing procedures for microfluidic assays. The devices will be for applications on a PerkinElmer LabChip GX Touch platform and other instrumentation. The position will perform tasks including using photolithography and wet-etching chemistry to produce microfluidic devices in glass and quartz. The position will also plan and conduct reagent stability studies and lead technical transfer projects to manufacturing. The ideal candidate must demonstrate attention to detail, work well with others in a team environment, be able to motivate team members, be able to define clear targets, and effectively communicate results and data interpretation to all team members, program managers, R&D and Business leaders.
- Work Independently on chip fabrication and process design for novel microfluidic chip designs
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of microfluidic chip design including mask design, photolithography, wet-etching, bonding, dicing and device assembly
- Design and conduct experiments for technical transfer of R&D procedures to manufacturing
- Lead technical root causing activities to identify and alleviate roadblocks internally and with customers
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive process, efficiency, and quality improvements
- Present experimental findings and interpretations to R&D team members, cross-functional leaders, and senior management.
- Implement Agile methodology with sprints using SMART objectives and Agile boards for day-to-day operations
- 1+ years of experience in photolithography
- 1+ years of clean room processing
- BS Degree
- Excellent knowledge in photolithography and wet etching using glass and quartz
- Experience with microfluidic mask design using AutoCAD or similar
- Excellent knowledge in clean room processing and fabrication of microfluidic devices
- Experience with analytical chemistry instrumentation and analysis preferred (e.g. optical microscope, profilometer)
- Industry experience with SOP creation and implementation preferred
- Industry experience with analytical assay development preferred
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams