Sr. Electronics and Firmware Engineer
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hopkinton, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-024344
Sr. Electronics Design Engineer
PerkinElmer’s in vivo imaging group does incredibly important work supporting research across disease models for cancer & cardiopulmonary, metabolic, and infectious disease. The R&D team is an interdisciplinary group that develops market leading products, instrumentation, software, and reagents that drive innovation. The technology is amazing – 2D & 3D reconstruction and visualization of luminescence, fluorescence, x-ray & ultrasound. The labs are located in Hopkinton MA at the junction of 90 & 495.
We are seeking a professional, practical, and hands-on Senior Electronic Engineer who understand the process-oriented engineering environment of a global orientated company. The candidate will work in a cross functional team environment of engineering, scientific, and manufacturing disciplines, and will provide technical leadership for new product introduction efforts, as well as contribute to sustaining efforts on existing products. The candidate will need a comprehensive understanding of firmware, digital, and analog electronics designs and the will to understand the system including its application, software, architecture, and hardware components and subsystems. The exciting and fast paced environment of the Hopkinton campus provides the opportunity to work collaboratively with top engineers and scientists both locally and globally
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in product design, development, and deployment
- Design and develop printed circuit boards, firmware, and test fixtures.
- Obtain good understanding of embedded controllers, FPGA’s, and analog and digital circuits being applied to imaging technologies
- Design new products from inception through production, understand issues and needs during different design phases throughout the projects, and advocate appropriate suggestions and responses across diverse teams within the organization.
- Work with suppliers to qualify components, troubleshoot issues, assist in outside testing services for regulatory compliance, and develop & deploy test tooling for manufacturing and vendors
- Write ECN's to document and communicate engineering changes throughout the organization, and coordinate implementations for smooth transitions of changes throughout manufacturing operations.
- Interact with vendors and purchasing to resolve the shortage of materials and parts, and evaluate potential vendors for capability, processes, and quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical, Electronics, E/M, Mechanical Engineering
- Five years of related knowledge and experience in the development of complex electronics boards for new product development.
- 2+ years of firmware design
- Altium, OrCad or similar PCB Software tool
- Knowledge in the field of Life Sciences or Medical devices
- VHDL, C/C++, assemly, and LabView programming skills
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical, motor drivers, serial buses, microprocessors, DC-DC converters, and programmable logic, etc.
- EMC board design and pre-measurement skills
- Safety regulatoryUL/CSA/EN 61010 or equivalent knowledge
- Python and other scripting languages
- Experience with Arm / PIC / 68k knowledge
- Experience with communication protocols - Ethernet / USB / Serial / Bluetooth / telecom / WiFi
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulated environments
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams