Sr. Application Scientist
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hopkinton, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-031510
PerkinElmer is seeking a highly motivated and independent preclinical in vivo biologist to join our In Vivo Applied Biology imaging team at the Discovery & Analytical Solutions Division in Hopkinton, MA. The successful candidate will be a key scientist committed to develop, validate, and report novel advances in optical imaging applications and tools for small animal imaging. Key responsibilities also include overseeing daily Vivarium functions and serving as an internal and customer technical resource for imaging technology. PerkinElmer integrates biology, pharmacology, imaging probes, and imaging technology to interrogate of the biological changes that underlie disease progression and therapeutic response.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rodent vivarium oversight and management as IACUC Chair.
- Knowledge and experience using preclinical mouse models of disease and/or biological or pharmacological processes.
- Experimental design, planning, and execution of bioluminescence and fluorescence cellular and in vivo imaging studies.
- Develop novel applications to highlight the benefits of PerkinElmer technology and reagents in biomedical research.
- Support of Commercial organization (Sales/Marketing/FAS) through internal imaging studies and through customer demonstrations of our imaging technologies and reagents.
- Demonstrate proactive and original thinking in identifying technical issues, recommending solutions and communicating results to the team.
- Collaborate with project staff to accomplish specific task or team objectives within overall cost and schedule. Accountable for meeting scheduled completion dates and for providing timely feedback when dates cannot be met.
- Record experimental results for research and development projects in authorized laboratory notebooks
- Author or co-author detailed project reports and exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills in communication of results.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- BS or MS degree with 5+ years of research experience in Biology or Pharmacology
- PhD in Biological Sciences discipline
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with aseptic techniques involving mammalian cell culture and microscopy is required.
- Experience or knowledge regarding the oversight of vivarium maintenance and function.
- Hands-on animal handling experience (mouse and/or rat dosing, tissue and blood collection, tumor and inflammation models).
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent team orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects. with evolving priorities and deadlines.
- Some experience in mouse or rat imaging essential.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Repetitive pipetting for tissue culture and in vitro studies.
- Occasional full day research effort in animal facility to perform in vivo mouse/rat imaging studies.
- Physical reaching/lifting and moving of rat or mouse cages (2-10 lb) during study performance.
- Work with a variety of chemical agents, anesthesia, and liquid nitrogen.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams