Senior Technical Support Specialist
Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Naperville, Illinois
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hopkinton, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-022809
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Job Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer-this is not an IT role, it's to work on scientific instrumentation.
Location: Hopkinton, MA or Naperville, IL
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Provide technical support to field engineers in the diagnosis, troubleshooting, repair and debugging of PerkinElmer liquid handling automation instruments and software. Support new product (NPI) development through the creation of installation, training materials and maintenance documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Provide Technical Support and problem resolution to field service engineers
- Provides technical support to field engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repair and debugging PerkinElmer instruments and software.
- Accelerate conclusion of non-routine field service problems to meet or exceed warranty and installation cost provisions.
- Monitor and respond to field service escalations and Alerts
- Work closely with other business functions (R&D, Manufacturing and Quality) to troubleshoot and evaluate product problems, drive root-cause analysis and implement product and/or process improvement.
Maintain Technical Documentation
- Play an active role in the development, maintenance and implementation of technical documentation, user information services and in-house technical knowledgebase systems to improve the efficiency of junior technical specialists and field service resources.
- Maintain updated service documentation and regularly distribute service update communications to field service organization
Support New Product Introduction
- Support new product development efforts by providing critical input and evaluation of design-for-service, creating service documentation, defining, and forecasting service parts, developing installation protocols, training field service specialists, and participating in launch teams to monitor initial installations and assure successful product launches.
- Develop technical training course content for service engineers in the use of assigned product line
- Works with engineering, business elements, and manufacturing to ensure that course material reflects current product features and specifications.
- Other responsibilities and assignments as requested by Manager
Associates in an engineering or technical discipline
5 plus years in electromechanical, instrument, medical devices, and lab automation
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”