Senior Program Manager - New Product Development
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hopkinton, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-020057
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further!
PerkinElmer is seeking a Program Manager who will manage product development projects and lead cross-functional teams for a variety of new product initiatives. The Program Manager will work with key stakeholders and business owners to build and lead project teams that deliver maximum business value on scope, on schedule, and within budget.
- Define roles and responsibilities and recruit staff for development teams.
- Define work breakdown and resource requirements in appropriate detail to communicate expectations and measure the progress of team and members.
- Lead the project team to develop a plan and schedule that integrates interdependent activities across functions, global sites, and external partners.
- Conduct risk analysis and test assumptions so that team members own and fully support realistic commitments for schedule, scope, and budget.
- Communicate the project assumptions, requirements, and priorities to ensure that the team adheres to the expectations of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Lead by influence. Build trust and manage team via clear communications, collaborative decision making, and timely issue resolution.
- Provide regular project updates to senior leadership including presentation of plans, risks and performance metrics to established targets.
- Strengthen PerkinElmer project management tools, templates, and processes as appropriate and develop/gain support on recommendations for continued project management improvement.
- Participate in opportunistic projects, representing the PMO within the PerkinElmer business as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 5+ years recent program or project management experience including both traditional and agile development practices
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in analytical, diagnostic, or science-related industry
- Experience leading sustaining engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with dynamic priorities and deadlines
- Experience guiding and working with highly technical staff such as engineers (hardware, software, mechanical, optical), chemists, biologists, clinicians.
- Ability to travel (domestic or international) several times per year
- Excellent communication - written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent team-building skills
- Advanced knowledge in the MS Office suite of applications and other SW tools for collaboration and project management
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams