Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Hopkinton, MA
Looking for a talented Sales Strategy and Operations Data Analyst to drive strategic analytics and insights for sales and service teams in the Americas region. You’ll be working with complex data sets and cross-functionally to discover insights and turn them into actionable business recommendations. You will actively drive development of tools and analytics to capitalize on the organizational focus on core strategic markets. Experience with manipulating data while driving continuous improvement to data reliability will be key.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Operations, you’ll be a proactive thought partner to the sales and service teams, developing and delivering insights for the organization. In this highly analytical role, you will help build the core sales infrastructure and analytics foundation including goal setting, measuring performance of initiatives, lead targeting, territory carving, head count and compensation design, strategic planning and much more.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create – Dig into varied data in multiple system to develop insights into targeted accounts and focused market segments. Discuss this data with sales leaders to develop field strategies for revenue growth.
- Strategize – Use data-driven decision-making to align our sales on key metrics and drive productivity
- Experiment – Launch and test initiatives across product sales and measure their impact
- Optimize – Make recommendations cross functionally to continually improve analytics and data quality driving decisions. Develop data continuity between ERP and CRM sources to drive value from within customer data.
- Analyze – Utilize statistical knowledge to deep dive into complex data sets and draw insights to help the business understand marketplace dynamics and proactively address challenges; create and own metric tracking in Spotfire to convey insights to partners
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects and analysis with our sales, marketing, operations, and services partners to improve the customer experience and achieve target
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You are highly analytical and always look for ways to improve the process and increase productivity
- Gritty – You have the ability to think globally and strategically, then roll up your sleeves to execute
- Relationship-builder – You are a thought-partner and build trust-based and cross-functional relationships to get things done
- Problem solver – You love solving hard problems and can independently structure and draw insights from ambiguous challenges
Basic Required Qualifications
- 4 years of relevant sales operations and analytical experience
- 4 year's experience in strategy and operations
- Proven track record of advanced data analysis and modeling skills, leading cross-functional initiatives and succeeding in a complex environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex data sets
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong planning and data analytics skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfortable working in unpredictable environments
- Must be results-driven with an aptitude to learn new systems
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, etc.)
- Strong experience with Salesforce.com, SAP, BI tools, data analytics (Spotfire) preferred
- Willing to travel occasionally. Ability to travel to foreign countries.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams