ResponsibilitiesLocation Hopkinton, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-017944
PerkinElmer is looking for a highly collaborative, driven and detail-oriented Product Manager to join our In Vivo Imaging Systems team. Like us, you believe that the way to a healthier world is through innovation and you’re ready to partner with us to build some of the most advanced tech available in biotech today. You’ll be THE go-to person steering us along the product roadmap, and an essential bridge between our stakeholders and technical teams.
In this position, you will:
- Own, manage and curate the product backlog.
- Be THE product owner, deciding what is in scope and what isn't. You'll be the person defining what "done" means for our team.
- Work with stakeholders to define a vision and populate the backlog to meet that vision.
- Partition user stories into epics and themes to ensure work focuses on items with maximum value and aligned with product strategy.
- Work closely with software manager to plan sprints, assign story points, and maximize team efficiency.
- Be the master at ensuring the backlog contains all deliverables, is story-pointed, and prioritized by business value.
- Requires a BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Math or Physics
- 5 years experience as Product Management experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of SCRUM and Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Has experience working with both key stakeholders and technical teams to define a product vision and successfully meet it.
- Has proven experience in being able to manage a detailed backlog and all deliverables, while successfully prioritizing them according to business value.
- Knows how to drive scope through an established and fixed-size agile team; knowing and understanding the team's velocity.
- Has experience securely and successfully projecting end dates given remaining backlog story points and team velocity.
- Understands non-functional user stories and bugs and how they fit in the backlog.
- Able to solve problems as an individual and within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, energetic, and results-driven, with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Hands-on experience with software development.
- Experience with combined software and hardware development.
- Hands-on experience with instruments or imaging technology.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”