Pricing Analyst, Americas
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Hopkinton, MA
As a key member of the Americas Revenue Operations team, the Pricing Analyst is responsible for administering pricing systems and tools, evaluating product line performance, contributing to the development of market based reporting, providing customer level pricing visibility, supporting complex multi-disciplinary projects, and advancing the implementation of new and existing pricing processes. This role will be a critical contributor to the design and deployment of an integrated CPQ solution.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Operations, the position provides analytical support for a wide range of critical strategic initiatives, and requires a combination of strong quantitative skills and solid business acumen. The Pricing Analyst works closely with internal business partners to drive visibility into pricing considerations and outcomes, as well as to guide sound decision-making, consistent with established margin targets, strategic objectives, and the market value of PerkinElmer offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Care, and IT organizations to ensure pricing project objectives are met in accordance with key stakeholder requirements. Support effective price communications across the organization.
- Develop tools to evaluate pricing, discounting, and costing at the deal/order/region level, as well as frameworks to inform approval/escalation policies and to support overall sales effectiveness. Work to ensure that field-facing pricing/quoting/ordering tools are aligned and integrated with established pricing models, systems, and channel strategies. Support the implementation of technological solutions for automating processes.
- Analyze transactional data in order to measure and evaluate progress against financial and strategic goals. Track pricing performance by product line and across geographic territories. Manage pricing dashboards and other reporting.
- Maintain systems, reports, databases, models, and other tools used to support Regional pricing. Work with sales leadership, portfolio/product managers and finance partners to establish pricing models for new offerings, as well as to manage the ongoing pricing of existing products and services based on changing market conditions.
- Deploy customer-based pricing solutions within new CPQ tool. Actively drive design of Customer Master file to support this need.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in area of business such as finance, statistics, mathematics, or other comparable business or applied sciences discipline.
- 4-6 years of experience in a pricing, finance, operations, analytics, or corporate strategy-based role.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with practical experience with financial or statistical modelling and in the quantitative analysis of large datasets.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, and other database software, with experience in the use of BI and statistical analysis tools. Experience with enterprise pricing software solutions is preferred.
- Experience with deploying a CPQ system aligned with CRM and ERP strategies.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Team player and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and solution-oriented attitude.
- An ability effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Previous experience within the life sciences and/or pharmaceutical industries a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (IF APPLICABLE)
- Willing to travel occasionally. Ability to travel to foreign countries.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams