ResponsibilitiesLocation Hopkinton, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-026134
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
This role contributes to PerkinElmer’s success by planning and generating appropriate material orders to support production, assure on-time delivery and receipt from supplier, resolve/escalate any issues, and ensure availability of materials for production. The Supply Chain Planner/Buyer will build solid relationships with both internal business partners and external suppliers to identify potential savings opportunities, while driving suppliers to higher levels of performance in quality, delivery, and cost effectiveness.
- Drives Material Planning and Procure to Pay activities to include the following:
- Reviews/reconciles material requirements based on production schedules and services demand
- Reviews and processes Purchase Orders to ensure availability of parts to meet the needs of Production and Services, minimizing potential outages; converting requisitions to Purchase Orders
- Adjusts due dates, quantities, and shipments as appropriate to meet production needs; ensures dates are communicated to and agreed upon with the supplier
- Pro-actively communicates, resolves and/or escalates material shortage issues cross-functionally between internal business partners and Suppliers
- Resolves any receiving issues pertaining to quality/incoming inspection or delivery disputes with supplier
- Ensures seamless delivery of goods and/or services to PKI
- Manages inventory for zero out of stocks and minimal obsolescence
- Administers applicable Supplier Kanban and LRS programs
- Initiates and facilitates Supplier Business Reviews to drive improvement and manage supplier performance
- Manages and implements corrective action plans related to supplier performance and/or quality concerns
- Manages Supplier Change Notification process
- Serves as primary contact for supplier issues
- Reviews and approves Change Orders; updates the Material Master and/or Sourcing List, as appropriate
- In conjunction with the Purchasing Specialist, maintains accurate data at all times in appropriate systems (i.e. creates and updates info records, sourcing lists, and material master in SAP to ensure proper lead times, lot size, reorder points and safety stocks)
- Oversees and directs Purchasing Specialist day to day activities, as needed
- Streamline procurement processes, including streamlining processes with suppliers
- Drives Concept to Contract activities to include the following:
- Identifies potential domestic and overseas suppliers for overall supply chain efficiencies
- Manages the competitive bid process (RFQ) to drive PPV projects for Productivity savings
- In conjunction with Sourcing, develops and executes negotiation strategies with suppliers; works to seamlessly transition Parts during VE/PPV/NPI projects
- In conjunction with Sourcing, develops sourcing strategies to ensure business continuity and contingency planning (including managing exit plans, as appropriate)
- Works with internal business partners and Suppliers to create appropriate specifications and drawings.
- Understands and performs Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analyses
- Gains alignment with business partners on requirements and risks
- Interfaces cross-functionally to drive value across the supply chain
- Understands supplier capabilities, competencies, and cost; able to effectively represent these trade-offs to the internal business partner
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- High School degree or GED and 6 years experience in Purchasing, Planning, Supply Chain Management or Inventory Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- AS degree and 4 years of experience in in Purchasing, Planning, Supply Chain Management or Inventory Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- BS degree and 2 years of experience in in Purchasing, Planning, Supply Chain Management or Inventory Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2-3 years of Direct Buying, Contract Negotiations or Supplier Relationship Management.
- 1-2 years Cross-functional Team Management Experience or Project Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- SAP experience a plus.
- Strong analytical, reasoning and quantitative skills.
- Able to express concepts and needs clearly, logically and persuasively in both writing and verbally.
- Takes initiative in anticipating issues and mitigating risks.
- Able to process and manage large amounts of information and is comfortable with complexity.
- Able to make appropriate prioritization decisions.
- Strong sense of urgency, understanding and delivering on results and due dates.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”