Global Pricing Leader
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, Shelton, Connecticut
We provide our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants. PerkinElmer is looking for a motivated, proven and experienced sales professional to expand our growth in the life science arena. If you are entrepreneurial and enjoy selling capital equipment by employing a consultative sales approach utilizing various organizational assets with the ability to understand scientific application and supporting technology than this is a great opportunity for you.
What makes a successful ‘sales specialist’ at PerkinElmer?
Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener 10
- Strategic 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Mediator 8
- Results-driven 7
- Quick-thinking 6
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Skilled presenter
It Starts with a Mission
Our quest to improve life goes back to our earliest innovators, but the challenges we face today have never been greater.
At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching 401(k)
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Paid Holidays and Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
- Hopkinton, MA
- Shelton, CT
The Global Pricing Leader will lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects to help build a scalable pricing capability within PerkinElmer as well as defining a process to deliver a regular cadence of pricing updates. This position is responsible for managing the development, implementation and execution of the Strategic Pricing processes to achieve the targeted prices/margins. Driving the global pricing cadence through the deployment, innovation, and support of the infrastructure (process, systems, tools), pricing analytics, deployment programs, strategic planning into the commercial channels.
This position will collaborate with key stakeholders and internal business partners such as Market Segment Leaders and Product Managers, Regional Commercial, Revenue Operations and Pricing (e.g. Sales) teams, ,, Global and Regional Finance, Customer Care, and IT partners to architect, develop, and deploy global reporting & analytics standards and pricing solutions for Reagent, Consumable, Instrument, Services and Software Pricing within PerkinElmer. The Global Pricing Leader will enable the organization with capabilities and a culture focused on value creation and an effective sales and pricing framework.
The position requires tactical agility and consulting skills with a strong bias toward results delivery; strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills, the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovative thinking, and the capability to successfully manage and implement multiple high priority / high impact projects simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With input from regional stakeholders, define and drive the annual pricing cadence across the organization to deliver an optimized and efficient process that delivers the desired results. A collaborative approach is essential as is the ability to wade into the details to manage the operational aspects of a Strategic Pricing implementation round.
- Proactively identify and resolve time sensitive project risks, issues, interdependencies, and conflicts, both within and across market segments and regions, and coordinate implementation. Use strong relationship management and communication skills to align outcomes.
- Develop methods to monitor progress of pricing effectiveness across market segments and regions. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results. Track progress against enterprise plan and ensure project teams and other stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver a timely implementation.
PRICING FOCUS AREAS
Implementing & Managing Strategic Pricing Process
- Develop and recommend pricing strategies at macro and micro level in-line with the PerkinElmer business strategy. This involves evaluating annual revenue targets against market indicators, business strategy, internal systems variables and collaborating with stakeholders to arrive at an aligned pricing strategy.
- Responsible for managing the global pricing strategy and defining Regional, Sub Territory and Country level connection points where Regional Pricing Teams can implement market centric strategies to drive growth.
- Lead the development and deployment of a globally consistent and regionally aligned pricing process, including development and utilization of pricing models and tools to help facilitate decision making
- Creatively identify and execute on margin improvement projects to improve profitability
- Drive effective pricing communications, including global and regional steering committees
- Provide guidance and best practices, support, thought leadership and change management in the execution of the pricing processes to achieve different regional and product lines’ short-term financial objectives and longer-term strategy
- Lead the Global Pricing team, managing the work, priorities and development of high performing direct reports. Nurture, grow and develop this talent.
- Draft, propose and align on an organizational pricing vision and roadmap that grows our pricing related capabilities and builds a team that can support and evolve them.
- Guide the Pricing analysts in the development and execution of the different analytical processes, dashboards and reporting
Process & Technology
- Implement pricing tools and technologies and provide governing oversight over the strategic pricing processes. Hold stakeholders accountable to the process
- Provide guidance and lead the implementation of technological solutions for automating processes
- Maintain pricing subject matter expertise, staying abreast of developments and best practices
- BS degree required
- 5+ years of experience within a product-based business deploying strategic pricing programs.
- 3+ years of team/people leadership, proven ability to develop talent
- Experience in pricing technology systems & solutions (e.g. SAP, SPOSEA, PriceFX, Vendavo, PROS, etc.)
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally and cross-geography with all levels of management.
- Analytical, logical, strategic thinker with strong problem solving and quantitative skills – strong excel skills.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, situations and environments, find creative solutions, making trade-offs and sound recommendations.
- Highly collaborative, energized by working cross functionally to solve problems and drive progress
- Ability to define projects and execute within timelines and with multiple stakeholders. Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills – there is a frequent need to deliver clear and concise information to senior executives in the company.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and see the big picture while effectively managing details.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with solution-oriented attitude, and an ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 1-2 years of experience leading process improvement projects using Six Sigma and/or Lean. Black Belt or Green Belt certification preferred.
- Project management experience. PMP certification a plus.
- Knowledge of large-scale program/project management methods needed for success.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Willing to travel occasionally (10% - 15%). Ability to travel to foreign countries if required.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams