Customer Support EngineerApply Now
- Hopkinton, MA
PerkinElmer, Inc. is seeking an individual to join a customer focused field service team in our In Vivo Imaging Business Unit in Hopkinton, MA. The In Vivo Imaging Business Unit focuses on the sales of Ivis Imagers, Quantum uCT, and related products. The successful individual will provide field service support for the continuously growing In Vivo Imaging install base in the United States including installations, customer training, preventative maintenance and repair. The individual will also assist with technical support to end-users and field service engineers.
- Apply knowledge of mechanics, electronics, optics, computers, and PerkinElmer products to the installation, preventive maintenance and repair of Imaging products and accessories.
- Perform equipment installations and validation including customer training, introducing the customer to basic features and functions of the instrument and software.
- Provide real-time and follow-up support (technical, operational, logistical) to our customers, both internal and external, including direct Technical Support telephone coverage when necessary. Evaluate the customer issue, diagnose the problem, create a repair strategy then perform and verify the repair.
- Manage, prioritize and schedule all work to be performed to satisfy internal and external customer demands.
- Log and track all support calls and field service visits in the appropriate database in a timely manner. Properly maintain and inventory a trunk stock of service parts.
- Communicate strategic customer, competitive and sales lead information to the appropriate Sales Account Manager.
- Report potential quality issues via the PerkinElmer corrective action process. Provide awareness of critical customer and service issues, with potential recommended solutions to the technical support group. Provide advisory services for management on both equipment and customer problems.
- Delight our customers with prompt and courteous service and support at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Electronics, Mechanics, Biotechnology or related discipline
- 5 plus years of experience in instrument installation, repairs, maintenance
- Or Associates Degree or Technical Degree and 7 plus years of experience in instrument installation, repairs, maintenance
- Experience with microscopy, digital imaging, fluorescence, and motion control systems preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong Windows operating system knowledge.
- Strong electro-mechanical skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot over the telephone and in the field.
- Must be comfortable speaking to a group in a training setting.
- Experience in MS-Office and SAP CRM, and Sales Force dot Com (SFDC).
- Ability to work in a team environment and to meet deadlines as required.
- Travel expected to be 60 -80% of the time.
PERKINELMER IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
PerkinElmer provides competitive compensation plans / Top notch training and development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / generous tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / an environment that fosters career growth.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Browse Videos and Content
We are excited to be featured on the big screen ticker in Times Square, New York City, honoring NewbornScreeningAwarenessMonth
FDA Provides Emergency Use Authorization to PerkinElmer for COVID-19 Testing. Learn More
PerkinElmer Helping Combat COVID-19
We are extremely proud of our employees across the globe who have remained dedicated to the fight against COVID-19.Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams