Contracts Attorney or Senior Contracts ManagerApply Now
- Hopkinton, MA
- Waltham, MA
PerkinElmer is seeking a full-time Contracts Attorney or Senior Contracts Manager to work within its Legal department in support of its Informatics business. This Contracts Attorney or Senior Contracts Manager will help the Informatics business manage risk while working collaboratively with its business leaders to find practical and creative solutions to various operational, contractual and legal matters. The position’s many responsibilities include, but are not limited to, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements, partnering with business leaders to achieve strategic objectives, and ensuring contractual, legal and policy compliance. We seek a highly motivated, independent individual that thrives in a high-volume, dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
·Manage the Informatics Contracts Administration team, which supports all contractual and administrative matters in connection with the sale and licensing of the PerkinElmer Informatics software and service offerings.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including software license, SaaS, professional services, distributor/reseller, collaboration, marketing, RFP/RFIs, confidentiality, and general customer and supplier agreements.
·Assist with the development and negotiation of statements of work (SOWs), change orders, and other contractual/ancillary documents.
·Collaborate with business partners at all levels of management to effectively balance minimizing legal risk while enabling execution of business strategic objectives.
- Create, improve and/or update form agreements and processes to improve aspects of contracting procedures and ensure alignment of contract terms with PerkinElmer policies and standards.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with applicable laws, including but not limited to data privacy and security, and PerkinElmer policies, and assist with implementing necessary changes in policies or business processes to comply with changes in laws and/or best practices.
- Provide guidance on contractual interpretation as requested or required by business.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned or requested.
Work Experience & Qualifications:
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school and admittance to the Massachusetts State (or other start) Bar; or substantial prior experience as Contracts Manager for software company
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ transactional/commercial/corporate experience required (prior in-house or law firm experience is a plus but not required); or 5-7+ years in contracts management for software company.
- Experience in reviewing and drafting of software-related documentation.
- Experience collaborating with management teams and advising clients in structuring business transactions, with experience in drafting commercial agreements strongly preferred.
Technical Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to determine risk exposure and advise the business in a practical manner, balancing legal risks with business needs
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills
- Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and a wide range of tasks
- Customer-focused and solutions-oriented approach to delivering contract management services to internal customers
- Strong analytical and creative troubleshooting skills
- Ability to provide accurate, timely, thorough and well-reasoned advice
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to craft and deliver clear communications
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with others and to foster a climate of goodwill and cooperation
- Excellent judgment and personal and professional maturity and integrity
Performance Indicators: Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of the position include without limitation:
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate work of others
- Willingness to continually learn new subjects, rather than simply leverage expertise in just one or a few areas
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities
- Position may be located in Hopkinton, MA or Waltham, MA
- Travel < 5%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Meet Rob PackerGlobal Infrared (IR) Portfolio Director
Meet Rachel AdomatSystem Applications Integrator
Meet Many FaragGas Chromatography (GC) Product Manager
Meet Lee MarottaSenior Field Application Scientist
Innovating a Healthier World
Our dedicated team of about 11,000 employees worldwide are passionate about providing customers with an unmatched experience as they help solve critical issues especially impacting the diagnostics, discovery and analytical solutions markets. Learn More
Corporate Social Responsibility
PerkinElmer is an active corporate citizen, committed to creating better outcomes in our communities and innovating for a healthier world. Learn More
Celebrating 80 Years of Making Life Better
We invite you to explore this special section where we reflect on our rich heritage of scientific innovation and how we have made life better over the last eight decades, including commemorating the innovative and passionate minds that have made our significant impact possible. Learn More
SVP and Chief HR Officer, Deborah Butters
Deborah Butters discusses our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Learn More
Stem Cell Study Offers Hope for Autism
One family shares the story of their autistic daughter whose symptoms nearly vanished after participating in a trial at Duke University. Source: CNN. Learn More
Powering Change: Women in Innovation & Creativity
At PerkinElmer, we are honored to recognize the remarkable talent of our female employees around the world and the tremendous impact that they have on our organization, today and every day. Watch this women in innovation video to learn more about PerkinElmer’s commitment to empowering women. Learn More
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit:https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams