Hopkinton, Massachusetts | Boston, Massachusetts | Waltham, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hopkinton, MassachusettsUS Job ID JR-026071
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to service the diagnostics, life sciences, food and applied markets. At PerkinElmer, we desire to give you the opportunity to work with teams of highly talented individuals to help support our mission and develop expertise and experience in a variety of areas impacting a global company.
PerkinElmer is seeking an enthusiastic, full-time attorney to join its global legal team. This attorney will work cross functionally and liaise with internal clients to facilitate and ensure legal review processes, primarily in support of PerkinElmer’s IT-Vendor Management Office and its Life Sciences and Applied Markets business segments, with the opportunity to expand into other areas based upon experience and company needs. We seek a highly motivated, independent individual who thrives in a high-volume, dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including: SaaS agreements, software licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, master services agreements, vendor agreements, consulting agreements and other general customer and supplier agreements, among others.
- Understand business objectives and risk tolerance, identify legal or contractual issues, and engage and collaborate day-to-day with internal stakeholders to devise legal solutions to business objectives which reduce risk and cost.
- Ensure compliance with legal, contractual and risk management policies in order to minimize and limit corporate liability and optimize the value of contracts.
- Escalate legal and contractual issues within the company as may be required.
- Assist with initiatives to strengthen the legal department and business operations through systems improvements and the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes, and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the legal department on other legal matters based on the needs of the company.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school. Admittance to the Massachusetts State Bar AND A minimum of 3+ years of professional experience post JD
- Prior in-house experience
- Experience working with software and information technology transactions
- Transactional/commercial experience
Technical Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to determine risk exposure and advise the business in a practical manner, balancing legal risks with business needs
- Excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills
- Strong project and process management skills, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects, as well as a wide range of tasks
- Customer-focused and solutions-oriented approach to delivering contract management services to internal customers
- Strong analytical and creative troubleshooting skills
- Ability to provide accurate, timely, thorough and well-reasoned legal advice
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to craft and deliver clear communications
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with others and to foster a climate of goodwill and cooperation
- Excellent judgment and personal and professional maturity and integrity
Performance Indicators: Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of the Attorney include without limitation:
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and coordinate input of others
- Desire to function as a true generalist; willingness to continually learn new subjects, rather than simply leverage expertise in just one or a few areas
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities
- Position may be located in Hopkinton, MA or Waltham, MA; open to flexible work arrangements within the area.
- Travel < 5%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”