Application Scientist (Development/Assay Technologies)
On the R&D team, you’ll join 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers, data scientists and engineers who work in all phases of the product development lifecycle – including concept, planning, development and validation on new product launches and patents. Together, you’ll build next-generation solutions that contribute to food safety, diagnostic innovations, drug development, big data technologies and more. The future of environmental, human and life sciences is up to you.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in R&D at PerkinElmer.
There is a deep mutual respect for each other’s skills and contributions. Whether it’s taking on a new process skill or a new software skill, we are always moving forward so you never get bored – that’s what makes it exciting even after 30 years.
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Hopkinton, Massachusetts Status Regular Job ID JR-019552
Seeking an innovative and dynamic scientist with strong communication skills. Opportunities exist to a) develop biochemical and cell-based applications for a range of PerkinElmer immunoassay technologies such as AlphaLISA®, HTRF® and DELFIA®, b) develop total solutions utilizing EnVision® and VICTOR Nivo™ Multimode Plate Readers and JANUS® automated liquid handling workstation, and c) participate in customer-facing technical events and support Field Application Scientists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic applications using immunoassay technologies such as AlphaLISA, HTRF and DELFIA to support the Life Sciences business and commercial teams.
- Based on experimental data, author technical collateral such as application notes, guides and technical briefs.
- Author applications-based peer-reviewed publications, scientific posters and presentations for webinars.
- Evaluate novel assay technologies for the Life Sciences portfolio.
- Support reagents and instruments demonstrations and trainings for customers in a technical capacity.
- Work collaboratively with team members and other PerkinElmer organizations in developing applications.
Bachelors in Science degree and 2+ years experience.
Advanced Degree in Biochemistry or related field and 0 years of experience.
- Individual must have bench expertise in drug discovery assays including assay design, development.
- Troubleshooting experience for a wide range of assay technologies desirable.
- Background in cell culture/cell-based assays is a plus.
- Experience in automated liquid handling is a plus.
- Experience in fluorescence imaging is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and collaboratively, within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals and activities.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to learn new instrument systems and retain technical information.
- Ability to operate under tight schedules.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams