ResponsibilitiesLocation Hebron, KentuckyUS Job ID JR-023350
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer is seeking a Laboratory Technician who will perform the necessary activities related to cord blood or tissue processing or testing, which includes ABO, Hematology and Flow Cytometry. These activities are performed in compliance with industry regulations, site operating procedures, quality and safety policies, cost and established time standards.
The Laboratory Technician will be able to accurately maintain production records and documentation as well as maintain laboratory equipment. The Laboratory Technician will also be able to recognize and suggest solutions, new ideas and improvements. He or she must consistently meet quality specifications and understand cGMP, cGTP and AABB Guidelines.
- Trained on all aspects of the cord blood processing or tissue processing and demonstrate competence in most areas of the process.
- Ability to use aseptic Technique.
- Understanding of cGMP, cGTP, AABB Guidelines.
- Able to organize, establish and complete priorities.
- Reports to the Laboratory Services Manager with daily reporting to the Team Leads.
- Position requires handling blood and blood products; working with LN2 freezers; working with large LN2 vapor phase storage tanks.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a collaborative style in a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrates outstanding work ethic.
- Ability to identify and verbalize problems.
- Basic skills in MS Office and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Medical Technology.
- Laboratory experience in an FDA-regulated environment.
- Clean room; Receiving and Labeling; Controlled Rate Freeze area, materials warehouse.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time, ascend and descend stairs.
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”