Sr. Principal Sourcing Manager - Fluidics REMOTE USA or CANADA
Hartford, Connecticut | Annapolis, Maryland | Atlanta, Georgia | Augusta, Maine | Boston, Massachusetts | Concord, New Hampshire | Dover, Delaware | Frankfort, Kentucky | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | , Canada | Raleigh, North Carolina | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hartford, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-024057
As a member of the Global Sourcing Organization, the Sr. Principal, Fluidics Commodity Sourcing will be responsible for setting the long-term commodity strategy for up to $40M in spend, derived in close alignment with business unit/product line business strategies. The successful candidate will have global responsibility for preferred supplier network management; and drive major material related productivity projects, supplier relationship and performance. The Sr. Principal, Fluidics Sourcing will have global functional responsibility (governance) for all sourcing activities and related processes for the Fluidics commodity in conjunction with the organizational units and their respective regulations. Note that the Fluidics commodity includes the management of subcommittees such as Pumps (Vacuum, Turbo and Roughing), Gas boxes, Mass Flow Controllers and Pneumatic Fittings.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serving as the primary interface to commercial / business unit leaders, align procurement activities with operating priorities to achieve defined business and financial objectives
- Developing and managing the global commodity strategy for Fluidics
- Guiding the selection, development, and management of preferred strategic suppliers
- Conducting price and contract negotiations with contract duration on short, mid, and long-term timelines to guarantee security of supplies at the best conditions
- Maintaining regular contact with internal and external cross-functional partners and working-project groups to recognize developments (market, demand etc.) and to exert the appropriate influence on decisions and processes
- Guiding and performing supplier management, including supplier qualification, documentation, and communication of both preferred and regular suppliers as well as the strategic evaluation and supplier development to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure an optimum supply chain
- Defining concepts for risk and contract management and driving the activities, which include risk reduction, implementation of alternate sources and to avoid incurrence of warranty costs
- Guiding and managing the optimization of the supply chain regarding inventory levels, transport and manufacturing lead times and engaging in the implementation of best in class supply chain processes
- Organizing regular business reviews to continuously rate the suppliers on defined KPIs (supply chain performance, quality, cost competitiveness and technology roadmap) to monitor suppliers’ operations and to define measures to develop the suppliers
- Implementing material field specific benchmarking and best practice sharing with the internal organization, external partner companies and with competitors to further improve procurement
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain
- 10 -12+ years of sourcing commodity management experience within a global organization
- Experience negotiating long-term, global agreements
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
- Prior experience in the high tech or medical device industries working with product management is desired.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have had responsibility for $35-55M in spend
- Ability to influence without having direct line responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment serving both internal and external customers’ requirements
- Project management experience is a plus
- Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional project teams while maintaining positive and productive working relationships across a broad range of people and groups
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision; self-managed and self-motivated
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to manage priorities and stay on top of critical responsibilities
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- This position will collaborate with stakeholders globally and may be required to support projects/priorities/meetings during non-standard working hours.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”