Sr. Manager, Export Compliance
Hartford, Connecticut | Annapolis, Maryland | Boston, Massachusetts | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Richmond, Virginia | Washington, DC | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hartford, ConnecticutUS Job ID AMS-LSDx-JR-0114
Sr. Manager, Export Compliance
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of employees worldwide, pioneer scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
- Aligning Export Administration Regulations, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and foreign government agency regulations to support PerkinElmer’s business globally.
- Develop and maintain policies related to complying export control laws and regulations
- Translate the regulations into procedures and work instructions that are practicable
- Provide training and awareness to the trade compliance organization on export control topics
- Monitor the effectiveness of the internal control plan as it relates to export activities.
- Sanctioned Party List Screening
- Is responsible to ensure the company’s screening program is compliant
- Is the escalation-point for complicated scenarios and red flags
- Export Classification
- Expertise to provide guidance to the team on export classification control number assignment
- CCAT submissions when needed
- Export Licensing and determinations
- Is responsible to provide oversight and support on existing licensing program.
- Will be the point-person for new scenarios that may require license determination.
- Classification of all software for encryption controls
- Submissions of required reporting related to encryption controls
- Provide training and education related to antiboycott regulations
- Submission of required reporting
- Escalation points for trade regulatory issues across business units and geographic locations.
- Investigation and legal assessment of potential violations of trade regulations.
- Consult with outside counsel or consultants when needed.
- Coordinate and prepare voluntary self-disclosures (where necessary)
- Provide guidance & support on any corrective actions that may be required
- Prepare regular reports on status of trade regulations activities and projects.
- Develop regulatory audit protocol (to include Export/Re-export, Import/Customs on a localized, regional and/or global level) based on risk, changes in regulations and organizational changes.
- Identify potential compliance issues, recommend, and implement corrective actions
- Establish a technical training library of trade topics that can be used by the immediate or extended teams.
- Ensure appropriate trade compliance clauses are included in customs documents, purchase orders, standard terms and conditions, contracts, and agreements.
- 8-10+ years of demonstrated trade regulatory experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR) & sanctions regulations related to the Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Ability to provide a high level of analysis, evaluation, and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to draw conclusions and recommend decisions based on regulatory reasoning
- Very good leadership, global team forming skills and project management skills
- Very good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills across cultures
- Experience in making presentations at conferences, meetings, training sessions
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a professional attitude
- Ability to travel
Are you ready to help improve the lives of millions of people and create a healthier world? When you work at PerkinElmer, that’s exactly what you’ll do. From our dedicated scientists and world-class operations employees to our innovative R&D professionals and committed sales and service groups, we’re a unique team of global colleagues who come to work every day knowing we’re making a difference. Through innovation, collaboration, and belief in our mission, we strive to create an inspiring and inclusive culture for our employees, so they can be their best and, together, create a better tomorrow.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."