Senior Principal OEM Manager REMOTE
Hartford, Connecticut | Annapolis, Maryland | Augusta, Maine | Beijing, China | Boston, Massachusetts | Concord, New Hampshire | Dover, Delaware | Hamburg, Germany | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Hopkinton, Massachusetts | London, United Kingdom | , Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hartford, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-023736
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
As a member of the Global Sourcing Organization, the Sr. Principal, OEM Commodity Sourcing will be responsible for setting the long-term commodity strategy for up to $100m in spend, derived in close alignment with business unit/product line business strategies. The successful candidate will have global responsibility for preferred supplier network management; and drive major material related productivity projects, supplier relationship and performance. The Sr. Principal, OEM Sourcing will have global functional responsibility (governance) for all sourcing activities and related processes for the OEM commodity in conjunction with the organizational units and their respective regulations.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serving as the primary interface to commercial / business unit leaders to align procurement activities with operating priorities in order to achieve defined business and financial objectives
- Developing and managing the global commodity strategy for OEM / Contract Manufacturing.
- Guiding the selection, development and management of preferred strategic suppliers
- Conducting price and contract negotiations with contract duration on short, mid and long-term timelines to guarantee security of supplies at the best conditions
- Maintaining regular contact with internal and external cross-functional partners and working-project groups to recognize developments (market, demand etc.) and to exert the appropriate influence on decisions and processes
- Guiding and performing supplier management, including: Supplier qualification, documentation and communication of preferred suppliers and regular supplier and strategic evaluations and supplier development in order to obtain and develop best suppliers and to ensure an optimum supply chain
- Defining concepts for risk and contract management and driving the activities, which include risk reduction, implementation of alternate sources and to avoid incurrence of warranty costs
- Guiding and managing the optimization of the supply chain regarding inventory levels, transport and lead times; engaging in the implementation of best in class supply chain processes
- Organizing regular business reviews to continuously rate the suppliers on defined KPIs (supply chain performance, quality, cost competitiveness and technology roadmap) to monitor suppliers’ operations and to define measures to develop the suppliers
- Implementing material field specific benchmarking and best practice sharing with the internal organization, external partner companies and with competitors to further improve procurement
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or life sciences.
- 10 -12+ years of sourcing commodity management experience within a global organization
- Experience negotiating long-term, global agreements
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time
- Prior experience in the high tech or medical device industries working with product management is desired.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have had responsibility for $50-100m in spend
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment serving both internal and external customers’ requirements
- Ability to lead and participate in cross-functional project teams while maintaining positive and productive working relationships across a broad range of people and groups
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision; self-managed and self-motivated
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate effectively
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to manage priorities and stay on top of critical responsibilities
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to learn
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- This position will collaborate with stakeholders globally and may be required to support projects/priorities/meetings during non-standard working hours.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
“PerkinElmer has empowered and provided me the opportunity to learn and grow with the company. Every success is celebrated at PerkinElmer. I contribute every success to my supportive mentors and my team, the best that I have got in my entire corporate years. The sense of belongingness and respect for each other gave me a deeper meaning of what a family truly means. At PerkinElmer, I have found my family.”
“PerkinElmer is, by essence, a truly ethical company and I feel myself supported and valued. It is great to work in a place where my personal values match the company´s values, and that is PerkinElmer for me”