Product Manager - Consumables Business Unit
Hartford, Connecticut | Albany, New York | Annapolis, Maryland | Atlanta, Georgia | Augusta, Maine | Austin, Texas | Boston, Massachusetts | Columbus, Ohio | Concord, New Hampshire | Dover, Delaware | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hartford, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-031456
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 16,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
The Senior Manager, Product Management translates and prioritizes market problems and requirements into a formalized business case, actionable product roadmap, and integrative solutions. Interfaces into Research, Development, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality, and Commercial organizations on speed to product commercialization, competitive edge, and ramp to revenue success
Product and Solution Strategy
- Translates and prioritizes market problems and requirements into formalized product and solution roadmap through business cases.
- Illustrate the vision and key phases of deliverables for the complete integrated product solution along with parallel breakthrough thrusts
- Participate in strategic planning by providing a thorough understanding of application directions and dynamics for the consumable’s technology and its markets.
- Setting and maintaining alignment with other PerkinElmer divisions via regular, detailed communication with peer groups
Product Roadmap Development
- Evaluate novel consumables technologies and applications for strategic alignment with product line financial objectives.
- Evaluating business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through an in-depth understanding of target markets, market trends, customer business issues, and the competitive environment.
- Develop and own chromatography and spectroscopy consumables product roadmap aligned with Perkin Elmer's short- and long-term strategic goals.
- Responsible for defining product requirements based on customer/competition/and market factors.
- Execute product roadmap plans by setting appropriate customer benefits goals and financial metrics to track and achieve business objectives.
- Drive the product development process, including defining target customers and their needs, gathering market requirements, and defining product requirements, the user needs basing on customer/competition/and market factors.
- Prepping and delivering gate meeting presentations and ensuring approval through product life cycle stage-gate process.
Customer Collaborations and Partnerships
- Identify and develop collaborations and relationships with internal and external opinion leaders to understand the direction of new technologies, products, and applications
- Proactively investigate competitive product offerings, current, and future customer needs, and recommends and implements potential solutions.
- Ensure integrity and competitiveness of new and current product specifications and technical and application literature.
- Travels worldwide and participates in conferences, seminars, and training programs. Visits customers in their laboratories throughout the world.
Internal Key Interfaces:
- Research & Development on the product roadmap and high-level partnership plans
- Manufacturing and Operations to ensure product profit margins and shipment logistics
- Market managers for market guidance and engagement of customers
- Finance for product profitability and NPV analysis
- Service and technical support for better customer experience
External Key Interfaces:
- End-User Customers: User needs analysis, Requirements Validation, Concept Validation.
- Collaborators, Partners
- M.S. in a discipline relevant to the biological applications of Chromatography
- A minimum of 3 + years experience in the product management of life-science products within environmental, pharmaceutical/biotech companies
- Ph.. or M.S. in a discipline relevant to the biological applications of Spectroscopy
- Experience with product development processes including a stage-gate lifecycle is a plus.
- The ability to skillfully influence and work with cross-functional teams across a global organization
- At least three years prior experience as a people manager developing and leading a team. A proven track record of setting measurable and achievable goals and managing a team to achieve them.
- Must exhibit strategic thinking, teamwork, planning, and execution strength backed by strong analytical skills and business acumen with demonstrated approach and success in making strategic business decisions.
- Experience of working and leading in a matrixed organization and demonstrated ability to partner with R&D and Sales counterparts and their teams.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills. Ability to convey consumables product solution vision and market strategy to internal and external partners and customers.
- Must have flexibility in working hours and be available for 25% domestic & international business travel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."