General Lab Services Associate
Hartford, Connecticut | Remote
ResponsibilitiesLocation Hartford, ConnecticutUS Job ID JR-032708
Position Title: General Lab Services Associate
Location: Branford, CT
- Pick up, deliver, wash and sanitize biologically contaminated glassware and plastic ware.
- Observe the established procedures for the handling and transporting of glassware and contaminated items.
- Operate autoclaves for decontamination or sanitization.
- Prepare items for sanitization including glassware, caps and related articles, employing procedural steps during the process.
- Inspect glassware for cleanliness and structural defects.
- Deliver requested chemicals to appropriate laboratory locations.
- Verify SDS documents in association with the chemical inventories.
- Log/register all compounds, purchased or synthesized by customer, on customer’s registry system in accordance with customer policies.
- Manage and transport hazardous goods.
- Deliver compressed gas cylinders, liquid dewars, packaged gases and related articles to point of use locations throughout the site.
- Participates in audits and inspections and provide input as requested.
- Receive incoming packages on loading dock.
- Manage inventory of laboratory consumables.
- Observe all safety precautions and be proactive in raising safety concerns.
- Complete all required trainings in a timely manner.
- Required to complete cross training and tasks as requested and needed.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time
- High school diploma
- 0-2 years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Associates or bachelor's degree in a scientific field
- Inventory management experience, specifically chemical inventory
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regular bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (inspection of glassware), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Employee may be required to manage hazardous waste in compliance with company procedures and state/federal/local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing and labeling.
- Ensure safety and security of work environment in all aspects of daily activities and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Ability to walk 2-3 hours per day within the facility.
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours per day in laboratory areas.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."