Sales Consultant, Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Annapolis, Maryland | Austin, Texas | Columbia, South Carolina | Dover, Delaware | Raleigh, North Carolina | Richmond, Virginia
As a worldwide pioneer of scientific technologies, we provide our customers with advanced detection, imaging, software and services solutions. And it takes a motivated, highly skilled Sales team to make sure those tools get in the hands of the people we can help. Add your consultative approach and experience selling capital equipment to our team, driving product and service transactions to achieve success – and better the world.
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in sales at PerkinElmer.
- Good Listener
*Rewards may differ based on the location.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Dependent Care FSA
Health and Wellness Programs
Paid Holidays and
Life and Disability
ResponsibilitiesLocation(s) Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Annapolis, Maryland, Austin, Texas, Columbia, South Carolina, Dover, Delaware, Raleigh, North Carolina, Richmond, Virginia Status Regular Job ID JR-020828
Each year PerkinElmer products and services support the global screening of 10 million women and 35 million babies for genetic and metabolic disorders. Each year 25,000 babies with rare disease get lifesaving treatments as a direct result of our newborn screening capabilities.
Vanadis™ NIPT will be the first non-invasive prenatal testing platform designed to simplify screening for trisomies 21, 18 and 13 by eliminating the need for complex DNA amplification and analysis. The result will be a complete NIPT platform that any diagnostic lab can install, operate and connect with their existing LIMS system.
This position will manage a territory and target clinical laboratories. The position reports to the VP and GM for Vanadis and will be:
- Responsible for driving Vanadis Sales – delivers revenue target for assigned territory
- Formulate long-term business growth strategy for the territory and define milestones to measure success
- Proactively identify new business opportunities for Vanadis and partner with respective sales leaders to convert these opportunities into revenue
- Opportunistically promote and sell adjacent products and services such as preeclampsia and prenatal biochemical screens
- Develop and foster close relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL) in the territory
- Ability and willingness to “roll-up sleeves” to get things done in a team environment
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial candidate who can work remotely and independently
- Close interactions with customers to differentiate product features
- Work with sales and marketing to produce leads through attending local meetings as well as proactive outbound marketing
- Negotiate agreements, provision customer training, and product assimilation support
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences.
- 3+ yrs experience in the clinical laboratory space,
- 1 year experience in US prenatal diagnostic testing space and reimbursement landscape in the territory
- In-depth knowledge of physician office workflow
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory specimen logistics
- Ability to travel 25% of time and work weekends occasionally
- Significant prior experience in Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
- Understands the customer and required compliance regulations for our products and processes
- Must model the highest degree of moral and ethical behavior
- Experience working successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and takes ownership for producing positive results
- Contributes as a valued team member and colleague with leaders at all levels
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Must possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills are essential
Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams